The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 05:39 AM

POST ID # = 694019
gitssac666 Reputation: 10
Default Fixed

I've found a fix that seems to work for me on my computer:

1: Go to control panel and select 'Sound' from the options available (you may need to set your view to small icons).
2: Select the 'Playback' tab and right click on your Corsair Speakers in the list of playback devices. You will need to select 'Properties' from the dropdown menu. Alternatively you can just highlight your speakers and select the 'Properties' tab at the bottom of the window.
2: Once the 'Properties' window has appeared, navigate to the Advanced tab on the top right.
3: Under 'Default Format', select the option "16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)" from the dropdown menu.
4: Test your headset to see if the volume levels are more manageable.

I was fiddling with the options in the dropdown menu while listening to some music (at 2% volume, which was almost ear splitting) when I noticed that there were two seperate options for 48000 HZ available. One was "16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)" and the other was "16bit, 48000 Hz". The default selected format was "16bit, 48000 Hz". I changed this to the DVD Quality option and straight away there was a huge difference. Where 2% volume was ear splitting before, it was now almost silent. I was able to go up 100% volume without the speakers distorting in the process.

I do not know if this will work for everyone, but I'd thought that it'd be worth sharing my solution with you all. Best of luck!

Old 04-19-2014, 02:03 PM
LiquidSpikes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 706187
LiquidSpikes Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitssac666 View Post
I've found a fix that seems to work for me on my computer:

1: Go to control panel and select 'Sound' from the options available (you may need to set your view to small icons).
2: Select the 'Playback' tab and right click on your Corsair Speakers in the list of playback devices. You will need to select 'Properties' from the dropdown menu. Alternatively you can just highlight your speakers and select the 'Properties' tab at the bottom of the window.
2: Once the 'Properties' window has appeared, navigate to the Advanced tab on the top right.
3: Under 'Default Format', select the option "16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)" from the dropdown menu.
4: Test your headset to see if the volume levels are more manageable.

I was fiddling with the options in the dropdown menu while listening to some music (at 2% volume, which was almost ear splitting) when I noticed that there were two seperate options for 48000 HZ available. One was "16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)" and the other was "16bit, 48000 Hz". The default selected format was "16bit, 48000 Hz". I changed this to the DVD Quality option and straight away there was a huge difference. Where 2% volume was ear splitting before, it was now almost silent. I was able to go up 100% volume without the speakers distorting in the process.

I do not know if this will work for everyone, but I'd thought that it'd be worth sharing my solution with you all. Best of luck!
What version of the driver are you using?

Old 05-05-2014, 11:12 PM
Gomisan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 709686
Gomisan Reputation: 10

Yep.. just going to throw my hat in the ring here and say that in addition to the crashes and lock ups the headphones experience, mine are also WAY too loud. But in my case if I try and change any settings in the control panel it crashes the Control Panel applet.

If you're using Windows 8.1 I wouldn't recommend these headphones at all.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:33 AM

POST ID # = 724937
mstalker Reputation: 10
Default Update?

Has there been any update on this issue? I just bought a set of the Vengeance 1500, and 1% is too loud. I'm running the Mavericks OS on a 2011 MacBook Pro. I have to nudge the volume down to just below 1%, but above completely muting my microphone, to get the volume to an acceptable level. Even then, it's sometimes too loud.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:53 PM
MN-Guy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 725004
MN-Guy Reputation: 10
Default I'm having the same problem.

I'm using Windows 8.1

When I look at the Information on the Corsair Headset Control Panel
(by pressing the little "i" on the top bar)

It says
Corsair Headset Software Version: 2.0.26
Audio Driver Version: 1.0.0.27
Audio Controller: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset

Does anyone know if that is correct?
I thought the audio Driver would be 2.0.26 also.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:11 AM

POST ID # = 725256
Lodion Reputation: 10

I've been watching this thread since I bought my 1500v2 headphones in May 2014. At the time Corsair were "working as fast as they could" on a fix to this issue, and had been since April 2013.

I figured a fix had to be out soon, if they'd been working on it so hard for so long. Alas, still no fix and the issue has been around for at least 18 months now.

Safe to say I will never purchase any Corsair equipment again. Such an extended time with no fix is simply not acceptable.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:02 AM

POST ID # = 725503
mstalker Reputation: 10

I got things to work...sort of.

I called tech support and they said it sounded like I had a defective headset. I tried it on an older MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard, and the problem was still there. I couldn't even lower the volume past a certain point on that computer while the headset was plugged in.

Then I plugged the headset into a Windows 8 computer. The volume was still too loud. Then I installed the most recent drivers. After that, I couldn't adjust the volume. The volume control software on the computer stopped responding. After restarting the volume control software, I could adjust the volume again. The volume was no longer too loud, even when I set it above 1%.

I'm not sure whether to say I have a defective headset or not. This headset is not officially supported on Mac OS X. Fair enough; I can't ding them for their choice not to support Mac OS X. The initial volume glitch after I installed the most recent drivers on Windows 8 was a little concerning, though.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:43 PM

POST ID # = 725608
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

The drivers are normally loud.

This thread should help for Windows.
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=123956

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:24 PM
MN-Guy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729100
MN-Guy Reputation: 10

Thanks Toasted it worked like a charm

Old 03-22-2015, 11:39 PM

POST ID # = 767960
elmouseyo Reputation: 10

This link is working for the older 1.1 drivers:

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsa...iver_1-1_1.exe

Old 06-05-2015, 06:25 PM

POST ID # = 783213
boatman Reputation: 10

Its been 2 years and this has still not been fixed? I got mine today and I'm very disappointed :c

Old 06-14-2015, 06:48 PM

POST ID # = 784820
PocketPope Reputation: 10

I recently got these headphones as a gift, and the volume is still way too loud

Not only that, but even at 0% music is still fairly audible

I've tried everything in this thread, older drivers had no effect, and the EqualizerAPO software only works for stereo sound, not for 7.1 (which I'd rather use)

The only other sound software I'm using is a creative soundcard, but that doesn't seem to have any effect either

Is there still no solid solution to this? Or are mild equalisation hacks the only way forward?

Old 10-16-2015, 01:36 PM

POST ID # = 814659
U26A1 Reputation: 10

Wow. I have never experienced anything like this, with any USB audio device I've ever owned.

I just purchased two of these headsets for my office, and both have this issue. Anything above 1% system volume and they are so loud as to be painful. This happens on both Mac and Windows, with several different OS versions.

Having had generally good experiences with Corsair products in the past, I bought these without doing any research. Shame on me!

Has it really been two years of this problem occurring with no fixes or updates?

Old 10-16-2015, 10:07 PM

POST ID # = 814750
Lodion Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by U26A1 View Post
Has it really been two years of this problem occurring with no fixes or updates?
Sadly, yes it has been. Issues with headphone volume being too loud, and microphone pickup being too quiet have been around for at least 2 and a half years. With no meaningful response from Corsair that I'm aware of.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:52 AM

POST ID # = 814994
Averno Reputation: 10

I have a H1500 headset. I've been using it on 0% volume. Yes I can actually hear things on 0% volume and its actually pretty loud even at that setting.

I actually don't care too much about things being poorly made but when it has anything to do with vision, hearing or other vulnerable areas I think its pretty important that things be made properly.

Thanks for the hearing damage corsair, appreciate it.

p.s. Yeah downloading that equalizer is a fix. Though its pretty janky work around. Would be nice to have a product that wasnt a **** in the first place.