The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 02:06 PM
shankly1985's PC Specs

POST ID # = 635626
shankly1985 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
I'll test this later today and get back to you.
Thanks

Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Fatal Octave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 635724
Fatal Octave Reputation: 10

I've had the same problem for quite a while now. I've tried updating my BIOS to the latest one (21.05) today and it just happened again while playing Crysis 3. It's also happened in Battlefield 3, and Skyrim (pretty much anything with directional sound). It doesn't seem to depend on the settings as far as bypass, Dolby or 7.1, though switching to one then back can sometimes temporarily fix it.

I'd also like to avoid an RMA since I would be entirely without sound until I got a new one since I don't have a backup.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 AM
shankly1985's PC Specs

POST ID # = 636105

@ram guy
Did you test?

Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 636242
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Thanks for the report Shankly, I was able to repeat the issue. Let me report it to Engineering and see what they say.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:13 AM
shankly1985's PC Specs

POST ID # = 636301

Quote:
Thanks for the report Shankly, I was able to repeat the issue. Let me report it to Engineering and see what they say.
Thanks

Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 AM
shankly1985's PC Specs

POST ID # = 636789

Quote:
You have any more news on this RAMGuy?

Thanks

Old 02-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 636878

Nothing yet unfortunately. The issue will be most likely passed on to C-media but I haven't heard anything for the time being.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
shankly1985's PC Specs

POST ID # = 636890

Quote:
Nothing yet unfortunately. The issue will be most likely passed on to C-media but I haven't heard anything for the time being.
Ok thanks for tracking this.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:40 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 637051

No problem Shank. I know everyone's frustrations that posts in this thread (and others). I can't make things happen overnight but I can definitely forward them on.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Zaltor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 637516
Zaltor Reputation: 10

I am still getting this in Arma2 Dayz, random when it happens you gave me an RMA months ago but its seriously to much of a hassle I've been through it with other Corsair products "SSD" so I've been waiting for you guys to come through with a fix, heres my DXdiag.

DxDiag.txt

Old 03-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Fatal Octave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 638454

Is there any news on this at all? Is there a fix other than an RMA? I'm about a week away from ordering other computer parts and this issue is deciding if I stay with Corsair headsets or buy from a different brand at that time.

Is there anything at all I can contribute to help resolve the issue? I would love to get some sort of solution.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Zaltor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 640403
Zaltor Reputation: 10

Solution is buy something other then corsair, im tired of waiting, nothing ever gets fixed they just bring out a newer POS with new problems, my last 4 corsair purchases...

1. force 3 SSD- Lock ups blue screens massive RMA's with defective drives.

2. Corsair gaming ram- lock up blue screen,etc memory check showed bad memory, RMA new ram problems gone...

3. Corsair liquid cooling, fan button failed in less then 8 hours, returned to store went with Antec zero issues.

4. Corsair vengance 1500 headset, sounds reversed in games, battlefield 3 Arma 2 Arma 3, etc..

So the moral of the story is we`ve been dicked around for 6 months saying they are working on it B/S offered an RMA AGAIN... I dont buy products to spend weeks often month wasting my time sending it back and forth I expect it to work as stated. I don`t give a flying **** if they ever fix it now, if i see corsair on the item I will not buy it anymore.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 640510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaltor View Post
Solution is buy something other then corsair, im tired of waiting, nothing ever gets fixed they just bring out a newer POS with new problems, my last 4 corsair purchases...

1. force 3 SSD- Lock ups blue screens massive RMA's with defective drives.

2. Corsair gaming ram- lock up blue screen,etc memory check showed bad memory, RMA new ram problems gone...

3. Corsair liquid cooling, fan button failed in less then 8 hours, returned to store went with Antec zero issues.

4. Corsair vengance 1500 headset, sounds reversed in games, battlefield 3 Arma 2 Arma 3, etc..

So the moral of the story is we`ve been dicked around for 6 months saying they are working on it B/S offered an RMA AGAIN... I dont buy products to spend weeks often month wasting my time sending it back and forth I expect it to work as stated. I don`t give a flying **** if they ever fix it now, if i see corsair on the item I will not buy it anymore.
To be fair, the first issues for Force 3 wasn't because of us but an issue with Sandforce in general. As for memory, things can happen between our testing and when it hits the store shelves. This is why we offer a lifetime guarantee on all of our memory products, which worked out well for you. As for the cooler, we offer longer warranties on it (5 years) than any of our other competitors so while things may occur, we definitely will stand behind it. Finally with the headset, we are working on it but I have mentioned in previous threads that it is so system specific, its been difficult to diagnose. We are working very closely with C-Media though to isolate the issue.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Fatal Octave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 641042

I haven't had issues with other Corsair products and I still generally trust them, new computer I'm in the process of building has several Corsair parts...it's just this headset I've had an awful time with.

I still have no idea what causes it, but sometimes it decides to not just flip every now and then but do it so rapidly it slows down the computer until I close whatever is using sound. I'm switching computers soon so I'll be able to confirm if it's the headset or something with the setup some time later this week.

Still, it's been quite a while, a little reassurance on some sort of progress would be nice to hear.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:51 AM

POST ID # = 641286
annetimdegraaf Reputation: 10

I'm done Alt-Tabbing. Support tells me that it is my PC. Here I see lot of people are getting problems with this Headset. I paid a lot of money for a product that wont work as promised. The vendor can ask for a replacement. But i'm sure this won't solve a thing.

Steps done:
- Reinstall Windows 7
- Reinstall to Windows 8
- Reinstalled driver couple of times
- Disable all other audio drivers
- Other USB port
- Updated my BIOS

The only thing that works is pressing Alt-Tab. Change sound channel from 5.1 to 7.1.
And that every 5 minutes. Lets count it up. When I play 2 hours, I will have to do this 24 times. Take 1 minute, between death (Because I was shot in the back, sound reversed) and respawn. That is 24 minutes in total. Can you see the problem. I buy hardware to make my life easy and comfortable. This headset wont give me an easy time. It is comfortable, can't argue on that :P.

Please Corsair. Solve this problem. Or tell me when planned to solve this. Otherwise I will have to buy a new Headset. Getting crazy here.

Case Number: #5738631
Says: Good luck its not our fault.

MOBO: 870 Extreme3 R2.0

Last edited by annetimdegraaf; 03-19-2013 at 06:59 AM.