The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2018, 04:41 PM

POST ID # = 947903
kebian Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBang View Post
I had the same problem with my side buttons not working after a windows update. (windows 10). So i tried to repair as this thread suggested. I must say your CUE
is a disgustingly unsafe piece of software, as it seems to be doing stuff in the kernel it shouldn't be doing?

Here's the trouble: When repairing, in the final stages it kills Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point Builder. And I mean KILL. I cannot restart them nor trigger them to start on their own by restarting/turning off the computer. So the repair got the side buttons working, but killed ALL audio.

I ended up having to do a system roll back, and my audio came back but now the side buttons wasn't working again. I repaired the CUE once more, this time with the CUE being open, and that did nothing, didn't kill the audio, didn't fix the side buttons. Just to be sure it was the CUE repair that killed my audio, I ran the repair again with CUE properly closed, and surely, at the second last step of the repair sequence, all windows audio was killed. So now I have a to do a roll back again, only to get a mouse that doesn't give the functionality I bought it for.....

This SHOULD NOT happen.
This is still happening in as of March 2018. What a horrible piece of software. I really regret buying Corsair :(

Old 04-01-2018, 01:37 PM

POST ID # = 948024
Diseam Reputation: 10

Guys i fixed it! i went into corsair utility engine and went to global settings, selected my mouse and installed the latest software. it said i had the latest version of it already installed it so i force installed it and now my mouse works fine. make sure to restart your computer after you install it. i hope this works for you!

Last edited by Diseam; 04-01-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Old 04-04-2018, 02:16 PM

POST ID # = 948602
eikkka Reputation: 10

I just got a new Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB through RMA because I had a different issue (mouse detected doubleclicks sometimes on single clicks), and this new one has four side buttons which do not register at all. I've tried clean installing everything related to the mouse but I just can't figure this out.

Old 04-07-2018, 01:18 PM

POST ID # = 949039
Diseam Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseam View Post
Guys i fixed it! i went into corsair utility engine and went to global settings, selected my mouse and installed the latest software. it said i had the latest version of it already installed it so i force installed it and now my mouse works fine. make sure to restart your computer after you install it. i hope this works for you!
i found out it only fixes it temporarily. you have to do this process every time the mouse glitches and it will work for a little while. (if anyone could send me a link with another mouse that has 12 side buttons ill probably sell mine)[Corsair, i like the mouse so please fix it!]

Old 04-15-2018, 01:38 PM
twiztedterry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950397
twiztedterry Reputation: 10

Created an account to reply here. I was having the same issue, but since upgrading to the Early Access of iCue, this problem no longer occurs. I recommend anyone experiencing this issue should try using iCue if their product is compatible.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:52 AM
IguanaC64's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952666
IguanaC64 Reputation: 10

Same problem here. I bought this mouse refurbished from Newegg. The side buttons worked great for about 1.5 months.

What I tried:
1) Update firmware...CUE said it was current (didn't update)
2) Repair CUE software...side buttons didn't work (either before or after reboot)
3) Update CUE software...side buttons didn't work (either before or after reboot)

What I did to make it work after reading this thread (probably temporarily):
1) Delete the "Corsair composite virtual input device"
2) Clicked "Scan for hardware changes"

Once these two steps were completed, I was able to open up notepad and use my side button macros. No telling how long this fix will work, but at least it's easy and doesn't require reinstalling/repairing things that break the audio.

1) My hardware is updated in my profile
2) The mouse is plugged into the powered USB 2.0 plugs on the far left of my my motherboard (when looking at the back)

The answers to your support questions:

1) Windows 10 64bit version 1803 (OS Build 17134.5) ...this is insider's build so it's a bit ahead
2) CUE v2.24.50
3) Firmware version v2.04
4) Yes...I have a "Corsair composite virtual input device" listed under Human Interface Devices

Old 05-05-2018, 04:22 PM

POST ID # = 953462
Zanderlari Reputation: 10
Default 3 year old issue.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebian View Post
This is still happening in as of March 2018. What a horrible piece of software. I really regret buying Corsair :(
5th of may........still the same stuff. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a response from corsair on how to fix this. This mouse wasn't exactly cheap. so dissapointed. won't be buying from them again.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:32 AM
bertie123's PC Specs

POST ID # = 953938
bertie123 Reputation: 10

Had this issue since i got the mouse basically the only fix i've found that works is by going back to CUE 1.16.42 ive tried basically all versions of CUE 2 and CUE 3 and they all break after a few days.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=169151

Old 05-17-2018, 12:01 PM

POST ID # = 955037
Fresxco Reputation: 10

I found a solution! All you have to do is go to add or remove programs on windows, and click modify, then repair. Im not sure how long this fixes it for, but my buttons started working as soon as i did this

Old 07-06-2018, 03:20 PM

POST ID # = 962424
Strangeado Reputation: 10
Default Solution

I was having the same issue with a WoW profile I created but I found an easy solution that appears to work. How long it will work for I don't know.
All I had to do to get it working was go back in to iCue go the the Actions list of the profile and click in to each action.

The buttons then worked straight away. I am guessing this is likely because they have been re-saved.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:30 AM

POST ID # = 968434
lightningtrf Reputation: 10

My mouse has just been bought for less than two weeks, and now 12 side buttons cannot be used.
It’s very unexpected that I can use it normally after switching Num lock on the keyboard.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:18 PM
SolidusSnake's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968594
SolidusSnake Reputation: 10

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I've gone into the default profile, I went into actions for each of the "G" keys I assigned them to F13 ~ F24 yet nothing recognizes any of the actions , I've rebooted I've done everything I can think of. Why does the mouse not have a default configuration out of the gate for the "G" keys?

Old 08-14-2018, 11:35 PM
Zirq's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968596
Zirq Reputation: 10

Most programs don't recognize F13-24, unfortunately. Your best bet is to assign them obscure combinations (ctrl+shift+y, etc), or something else unused in your program/game, and assign that same combination to the function in your program or game you want it to perform.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:24 AM
bertie123's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969575
bertie123 Reputation: 10

So very strangly i haven't had this issue since upgrading my motherboard and also since the latest version of iCue so i assume one of the two fixed it now all i gotta figure out is why sometimes the mouse is way too fast until i reboot and my scrollwheel randomly scrolling back up when scrolling down

Old 09-06-2018, 08:26 AM
ProFX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971707
ProFX Reputation: 10

Just registered to say this appears to still be happening apparently randomly.
6/9/2018 - latest iCue and firmware.

Thanks to the suggestions in this thread, a repair of iCue has got the buttons working again.
Still hoping for a permanent fix from Corsair.