Corsair Community

Corsair H115i high temperatures

Xevz

So, let's begin. I don't know why but right now my idle temps are 40-45c and my full load temps are about 75-85c. I had problems with my h115i 6 months ago, like my temps were high and it sounded like there were some short of rocks in the tubes. But it fixed it self at some point. I contacted the retailer that can i get a new h115i (When i had problems with the cooler 6 months ago), but they said that if there wasn't a problem right now, and i shipped the corsair h115i to them test it if there was a problem, it could cost me 30e. So i didn't care anymore. But now i heared again something on the tubes and now my temps are bit higher than before. My specs are : I7 4790k boosted to 4,4 ghz, gigabyte gaming 3 Z97X, 32gb ddr3 2400mhz, gtx 1070 ti. And yes, i have boosted my cpu 4,4 ghz and i have a haswell prosessor, but i had better temps. Just tested Aida64, got 80-90 temps :/ Edited by Xevz

You need to look at the coolant temperature (H115i Temp) to see if this is a cooler issue. Typical temperatures are 4-6C above the room temp and another 6-10C at load. If you see idle coolants temps above 40C, there may be a problem. Other things to watch out for are a noticeable difference in tube temperature “feel” or if after playing games the temps don’t come down — coolant temps above 40C and idle cpu temps in the 50-60C range.

You need to look at the coolant temperature (H115i Temp) to see if this is a cooler issue. Typical temperatures are 4-6C above the room temp and another 6-10C at load. If you see idle coolants temps above 40C, there may be a problem. Other things to watch out for are a noticeable difference in tube temperature “feel” or if after playing games the temps don’t come down — coolant temps above 40C and idle cpu temps in the 50-60C range.

Oh no, so yeah... I have these short off problems... My cooler is highly above room temperature like 7-17c, my idle cooler temps are more than 40c if idle. When i stop playing games my cooler temps are staying in 45-55 and cpu is going 50-60 temps... What to do now???

Contact Corsair directly through the Support Ticket System in the menu at the top of this page to start the RMA process. It is highly likely you have some kind of flow restriction inside the cooler. These things can come and go, but usually get worse. They is no way to relieve the blockage. You need to be a little careful in the meantime. Another option would be to pick something new of your choosing and repurpose the new H115i you get back.

Immediate short term help: try cycling the pump speed from low to high to low to high. This probably will not work and you are going to get better temps with the pump on Extreme because of the flow reduction. I would leave it there. Next, you can try tapping the hoses to see if you can alleviate the blockage temporarily. This is hit or miss. The problem could be in the block and not a hose and even if it is, there is no guarantee this works. Also, whatever is in the loop causing this is not going away. There is no where to go. The most extreme remedy is to take the whole unit out and shake it, but that also has the same low probability for success and can make things worse by stirring up other debris that then becomes part of the blockage. Regardless, you need to move toward replacement.

Edited by c-attack

Contact Corsair directly through the Support Ticket System in the menu at the top of this page to start the RMA process. It is highly likely you have some kind of flow restriction inside the cooler. These things can come and go, but usually get worse. They is no way to relieve the blockage. You need to be a little careful in the meantime. Another option would be to pick something new of your choosing and repurpose the new H115i you get back.

Immediate short term help: try cycling the pump speed from low to high to low to high. This probably will not work and you are going to get better temps with the pump on Extreme because of the flow reduction. I would leave it there. Next, you can try tapping the hoses to see if you can alleviate the blockage. This is hit or miss. The problem could be in the block and not a hose and even if it is, there is no guarantee this works. The most extreme remedy is to take the whole unit out and shake it, but that also has the same low probability for success and can make things worse by stirring up other debris that then becomes part of the blockage. Regardless, you need to move toward replacement.

Okay so, i sended a ticket and ill update this thing when i get information.

So, they haven't contacted me and its been about 3 days now. My temps are going higher every day. Right now full load with aida 64 i am getting 95 for prosessor temps and water temps are just going higher... I can't do anything. HELP PLS!

They did some support shake up last week and it doesn't appear like things are back up to speed yet. Stop running stress tests. We know the cooler is crippled. You might be able to get away with some usage if you don't go too long and too hard and keep the clocks at the stock settings. The coolant temperature is the effective minimum CPU temperature. So as the coolant rises toward 50C, that shifts your end CPU temps up by the same 15-20C. Reducing the Vcore along with a lower CPU frequency will reduce the CPU add on temperature above the coolant temp. A high overclock might run 40-50C above the coolant temperature. Stock clocks might only be 15-20C depending on CPU.

Even if they respond to your ticket today, there will be shipping time back and forth plus the usual stuff. You are likely looking at two weeks in this condition. If you are unable to continue, then you may need to find an alternate cooling method - either temporary or permanent.

They did some support shake up last week and it doesn't appear like things are back up to speed yet. Stop running stress tests. We know the cooler is crippled. You might be able to get away with some usage if you don't go too long and too hard and keep the clocks at the stock settings. The coolant temperature is the effective minimum CPU temperature. So as the coolant rises toward 50C, that shifts your end CPU temps up by the same 15-20C. Reducing the Vcore along with a lower CPU frequency will reduce the CPU add on temperature above the coolant temp. A high overclock might run 40-50C above the coolant temperature. Stock clocks might only be 15-20C depending on CPU.

Even if they respond to your ticket today, there will be shipping time back and forth plus the usual stuff. You are likely looking at two weeks in this condition. If you are unable to continue, then you may need to find an alternate cooling method - either temporary or permanent.

Yeah so, this is not looking great. They haven't responded me yet and the cooler is ripping off. I am going to vacation for 2 weeks so lets see what happens.

PM me your ticket number. I can look into this for you.

So i got an email 3 days ago about solutions for the problem and what to do if those solutions doesnt work. I sended an email about the receipt and where i live so hope fully i can get things going. This is so frustraiting if i have to wait 2 weeks more to get more info so please if you @Corsair Jam see this, i sended you a pm.

Best regards for everyone,

Xevz

I have had the same issues going on for about 2 yrs- (running a 17-770k (not OC during Summer months) so normally runs hot). Nothing alarming- just minor issues thoughout the year

> in a 25-26c room CPU Idle at 30c Hii5 Temp:27- 28c / moderate gaming - cpu 65-70c Hii5 Temp 36-38. Fans on performance / pump on performance

> once in awhile water temps start to rise over the 40c mark- CPU rises a bit (73-74 spikes) but nothing that is alarming. Once I stop gaming- CPU goes back to 30-35c idle Water temp takes a bit to cool down but eventually gets to aforementioned idle temps

>No odd noises no one tube feels warmer than the other

When I see the water temp get post 40c - I have to rapidly tap the block with PC off (obviously- I did it once with the PC on and all hell broke loose lol), Both cpu and Hii5 load temps drop by a good 4-5c.

Rinse wash repeat a couple of weeks later

Always wondered if it were

-bad sensor

-gunk building up in the 'strainer" and tapping loosens it for a bit.

-air bubbles constantly getting caught in the motor

-propeller issue- and tapping resets for a bit

in any event I have a noctua dh15s waiting on the side...just don't want to deal with the unbundling my cable management yet

-gunk building up in the 'strainer" and tapping loosens it for a bit.

-air bubbles constantly getting caught in the motor

These two are the most common by far. If you are able to consistently resolve it with the tapping, then it may be just air bubbles. That's annoying, but perhaps livable. The blocked up strainer would continually get worse, you may get temporary relief, but little by little average temps and efficiency get worse over time. That one only has a bad end.

Your idle room/coolant/CPU temp differentials all appear to be exactly as they should be. The quick drop after load is also good. A truly blocked cooler is terrible at that, plus a larger difference between room/case temp and coolant temp at idle. It may be just bubbles. Usually you get a bit of static-like popping, gurgling or something else to go along with that. It is also a bit strange for it to be continually reoccurring without a case shift or some kind of movement, but it is not impossible. Another way to test the theory would be rocking the case the next time to see if that alleviates the issue. Roll it so the tube in/out is physically above the block. That may help move the bubbles out, if that's what it is. It should definitely alter the sound.

Regardless, it seems like you are on top of things. Just watch out for the slow shift upward. If it's October and your new idle coolant is 35C is a 23C room, things are not right.

Okay so, i haven't (again) got any email for about 1 week. I needed to send my address and all of that stuff with this template :

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Shipping Address:

Street 1:

Street 2:

Street 3:

City/ State:

Zip Code:

I sended the information and now i am waiting again... I just want this to end and like i said in the other posts that my temps are going higher and higher. I would like to contact on of the Corsair emplyees of this forum and talk to them. If you guys have someone who i could talk with dms, please tell! From my prespective, if been waiting too long for a new replacement. I don't know if you guys also have this same problem, but i am in pain right now because all of this...

• 4 weeks later...
So, now i have to send it to Netherlands with a big mail fee... I am just done for this. 2 Months of this ****. Well if i send it, i will i get h115i pro BUT i won't have a cooler for my CPU for weeks or even a month. This is really **** situation. Don't buy corsair AIO products. They are faulty and there will always be some problems. This is the end for my "Great" journey if i don't have any motivation to send the cooler to corsair. Hopefully i can get a new cooler...