Corsair Community

ICUE - Disable memory lighting control option?

mpoffo

So I use some non-Corsair RGB Memory that I control with AURA currently. I noticed that when ICUE loads it prevents AURA from detecting the memory thus the lights stay in the default rainbow mode. If I close out ICUE then I am able to run AURA and set the RAM color and then run ICUE. With ICUE running I cannot change the memory RGB with AURA.

So I was wonder if Corsair would add a feature to turn off RGB detection on RAM that seems to impede AURA from controlling my memory RGB. I would love it if Corsair supported other types of RGB memory but I doubt that would happen.

I believe that if you check the "Enable SDK" option under "Settings>ICUE Settings>General" it should work.

It is enable. I am not sure how this relates to my issue. There appears to be a conflict with AURA and ICue wanting to both detect and access my RGB memory. I would like an option for ICUE to leave my memory alone if possible. :)

iCUE does not support other RGB memory, so it shouldn't be interfering. Have you reached out to ASUS?

You are correct of course. AURA certainly has more issues than ICue. I guess I came to the conclusion I did since when I close ICUE and I can use AURA to set the memory color. I have no clear idea on the programming aspect of things but it appeared to me that ICUE was causing some issue that was preventing AURA from controlling it. Perhaps just coincidence but it is reproduceable.

This led to my orginal suggestion of having an option to allow ICUE to "ignore" the memory. Perhaps it is something else causing this.

Hey, hey!

My secondary computer is running an ASUS motherboard using Trident Z ram from G.Skill, along with 6 LL fans and 4 Corsair RGB strips running in iCUE. AuraSync controls the Trident Z ram always, and not once have I ever seen iCUE trying to. iCUE controls Corsair devices only as far as I have seen by using the software.

I am running the latest version of AuraSync (non beta) and the latest version of iCUE on that machine.

Hey, hey!

My secondary computer is running an ASUS motherboard using Trident Z ram from G.Skill, along with 6 LL fans and 4 Corsair RGB strips running in iCUE. AuraSync controls the Trident Z ram always, and not once have I ever seen iCUE trying to. iCUE controls Corsair devices only as far as I have seen by using the software.

I am running the latest version of AuraSync (non beta) and the latest version of iCUE on that machine.

Thanks PJH,

Perhaps it is something specific to my set-up. I do know that at least for me something is preventing AURA from loading in the memory RGB lighting correctly when ICUE is running. What version of AURA Sync are you running?

Archived