Corsair Community

Corsair H100i v2 not working properly

mortari

Hey everybody. So I jut built my new PC, everything went fine until I get an error during boot. The error said "CPU Fan speed error detected". I've browsed this forum for a while and tried a number of suggested solutions, but nothing seems to work.

My H100i v2 is installed per manual instructions, so the AIO pump is connected to the CPU_FAN header, which is set to run at 100% in BIOS, but I keep getting the error. Temperatures are with 46 - 58C (Max temp recorded while running Rainbow Six Siege), on idle it stays around 46-50C.

Thing is, neither Corsair Link v4 or Corsair iCue detect the AIO, looking at Device Manager and Devices and Printers the water cooler is not listed in those either and it doesn't light up. The AIO was working properly in my previous build, which I disassembled last Thursday.

Any help identifying and solving this issue is highly appreciated.

It sounds the the MCU may be dead.

Is it reporting anything for fan speed on the CPU_FAN header? And you have the USB cable plugged in?

What exactly MCU stands for?

It is not reporting anything. BIOS actually shows N/A and AI Suite indicates 0000RPM for CPU FAN

I have the USB cable plugged in.