Corsair Community

H100i RGB Light Color Problem

DWreck

Hello, I have sent about 3 E-Mails to Corsair, I got a reply from the first one 3 weeks later saying "Sorry for the late response" because they are switching the support service or something. I got a new link to go to and ask again, so I did. But I never got a reply, I waited 3 weeks again and sent them another. Its been a week an a half now ant still no response so I hope you guys can help.

My question goes as follows: When I boot my PC the Light Color is blueish white for about 1 min. Then it finally turns to Red which is what I set it to, the problem is my whole PC build is a Red and Black theme but I have this stupid very bright bluish white light the shines for slightly over a whole min. That is really annoying to see all of these cool Red lights and then this bright blueish white light just blocks it all out. I thought it was because its Software based and the PC needed to boot up and load the Corsair Link Software first, but once I put the SSD in there it is still the same even after the PC is done booting and everything is loaded in about 10 seconds. So I re-installed everything and that still didn't fix it, so I'm sure that there is something in the Pump the saves the info and tells it to do whatever you set it to, but it just takes for ever with the Light. Is this supposed to happen? If not how can I fix it? and if so is there anyway to modify it to get it to work?

On a side note, I updated my Profile with all of the Specs that could be added just in case anyone would like to know.

Thanks, DWreck.

Update: Well I found out that you don't get an E-Mail when you get a reply. So the person who replied said to Update the Pump FW to 1.0.5 and Corsair Link 2. So I did. Well I regret that... Not only did it do nothing to the amount of time it takes for the Light to change to Red, but now the Pump is Noise! And I have no idea how to fix it beside going back to the old FW which still has the Light Problem, and I don't even know where to download the 1.0 FW?

Hello I have the same basic issue went red for the color scheme black case, as far as I can figure the color control is software based and changes when the link software kicks in I haven't check to see if u can move that up in the boot order which might help in the time it takes to do the color change.

When you open the Corsair Link Software and click on the H100I LED Icon to open the Config Panel make sure you have the LED Mode set to Normal and make sure you have the Pulse Light Un-Checked. Hope this helps.

Yea that's the way I had it set. But I will see when the new one gets here... Because it turns out the Support guy just wanted to RMA it instead of doing a FW downgrade.

Archived