Corsair Community

PC thinks my H115i PRO is an H115i Platinum

SAINTJ

Device Manager shows it as Unspecified and H115i Platinum when it's an H115i Pro. There is also an option down in the task bar that says "Safely eject hardware", which is terrifying I might add.

I can get the PC to recognize it as a H115i Pro by downloading iCue, but then I get USB connecting sounds every time I restart my PC which is an incredible annoyance.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do with this? I wonder why the PC thought it was a Platinum without iCue. And I would love to not have to hear the USB connect sound every time I restart the computer.

Edited by SAINTJ

Device Manager shows it as Unspecified and H115i Platinum when it's an H115i Pro. There is also an option down in the task bar that says "Safely eject hardware", which is terrifying I might add.

I can get the PC to recognize it as a H115i Pro by downloading iCue, but then I constantly get USB connecting sounds every time I restart my PC which is an incredible annoyance.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do with this? I wonder why the PC thought it was a Platinum without iCue. And I would love to not have to hear the USB connect sound every time I restart the computer.

How are you connecting the cooler to the mobo, directly to a USB header, or via an internal USB hub?

How are you connecting the cooler to the mobo, directly to a USB header, or via an internal USB hub?

I wish I could could be 100% sure about this, but I was helped by someone far smarter than me when putting it together. I’m pretty sure we connected the fans to CHA_FAN 1-3 and then another wire was plugged into CPU_FAN. There may have been more but I’m not positive.

My motherboard is the Asus Maximus XI Hero if that helps.

Edit: So after watching a quick video, I'm pretty sure the USB cable was plugged directly into a USB header at the bottom of the mobo.

Edited by SAINTJ

I wish I could could be 100% sure about this, but I was helped by someone far smarter than me when putting it together. I’m pretty sure we connected the fans to CHA_FAN 1-3 and then another wire was plugged into CPU_FAN. There may have been more but I’m not positive.

My motherboard is the Asus Maximus XI Hero if that helps.

Edit: So after watching a quick video, I'm pretty sure the USB cable was plugged directly into a USB header at the bottom of the mobo.

I've checked this out on my Win10 Pro x64 (1903) system...

Under USB controllers, I see Corsair USBXp Driver, v3.3.0 (14/07/17) with a description of Corsair H115i Pro.

Under System devices, I see Corsair Bus, v3.0.87.0 (11/04/19)

Under Human Interface Devices, I see Corsair composite virtual input device, v3.0.87.0 (11/04/19)

I have iCue v3.18.77 installed.

I don't know you mobo, but have you got a current Bios installed? If not, then I suggest you upgrade that first.

Edited by Yemble

I've checked this out on my Win10 Pro x64 (1903) system...

Under USB controllers, I see Corsair USBXp Driver, v3.3.0 (14/07/17) with a description of Corsair H115i Pro.

Under System devices, I see Corsair Bus, v3.0.87.0 (11/04/19)

Under Human Interface Devices, I see Corsair composite virtual input device, v3.0.87.0 (11/04/19)

I have iCue v3.18.77 installed.

I don't know you mobo, but have you got a current Bios installed? If not, then I suggest you upgrade that first.

I can only find the one under USB Controllers but it’s the same as yours. Can’t find the ones under System Devices or Human Interface Devices.

Bios is 1702 for the Maximus XI Hero which is pretty recent.

Edit: The reason I didn’t see the other two was because I didn’t have iCue installed. I uninstalled to see if the noise would go away. It didn’t. So our info is exactly the same. Only I’m getting USB connect sounds every time I restart the PC.

Edited by SAINTJ