Corsair Community

H100i leaked damaging components

Justinparker

I’ve submitted a ticket and am currently waiting for attention (ticket number 2000833721) but am looking for advice from the community regarding what to expect. I also apologise if this thread looks messy as I’m having to use my cell phone to create it as my pc is currently down.

So I bought all the parts middle of January from a uk company who supplies Corsair. I purchased my spec omega rgb case, my rgb pro ram, my commander pro, my extra LL Corsair fans, my k70 v2 keyboard, my dark core mouse, my void pro’s and of the course the aforementioned h100i platinum rgb se in white.

Couple of days ago I was having random boot cycling, BSOD and random disk checking errors with windows offering to repair. I decided to power off and check internal connections and noticed that the top white braided hose into my pump /cpu block was discoloured green. I immediately shut down then proceeded to see what had happened. So it looks like it hadn’t been leaking for long but unfortunately it had leaked onto my GTX 1080 FE and leaked through the backplate.

I’ve since seen after the fact that there was intact a recal on certain batches of this CPU cooler to which mine was affected. I was never made aware of this and only found out after the damage was caused.

I’ve stripped the back plates off the gpu and cleaned the fluid off but on reassessing the damage today I can see corrosion damage when using a magnifying glass.

I’m just wondering what the resolution for this will be. I bought all Corsair products in good faith and was extremely happy with my setup. I spent a week putting this pc together end of January so I’m certain I assembled everything correctly.

An AIO shouldn’t leak and now mine has its destroyed my gpu and maybe my motherboard and I now don’t have a desktop to do any of my day to day tasks for work, print documents and such for my family and of course can’t game either.

I know I haven’t given Corsair enough time to respond back to me yet via the trouble ticket, I’m just extremely anxious as I sunk a good amount of money into this pc and the gpu I bought directly from nvidia last year.

Anyone else had this issue, was it difficult getting it resolved

Thanks for reading my thread

Justin

Personally, I haven't been in your situation. Unfortunately all I can say is that I feel sorry for you, and please, keep us updated with how the situation goes. I was thinking about buying an AIO and now I think I just won't be able to sleep at night...

Take as many pictures and document as much as you can. This is something that will be worked out with Corsair and there really isn't much we can do for you.

Can you clarify exactly which model "H100i" you have? Is it H100i Platinum, H100i Pro, H100i GTX/v2, or the much older CoolIT "H100i" with the piano black square block? A leak is not common and I tend to track which models and where the break occurs.

I’ve taken lots of pictures which unfortunately I can’t upload to the forum as they are too large and I don’t have a computer to edit them with although I have uploaded them with the trouble ticket via email. It is the white h100i platinum rgb se which I’ve since found out was issued under a recall for this exact problem. Problem was I wasn’t aware of the recall. In this case I don’t think I have an issue proving that the leak wasn’t my fault, just with a £500 graphics card ruined, I can’t help but be a little shocked by the situation...

Ok first email back from Corsair today. Should I be expecting a upto 3-5 days between each email going out to get a new one in reply? This process is going to be extremely long and drawn out...

I'm not sure. When I had an issue I got an initial reply from Corsair and that was it. They never responded to me again. I finally gave up and bought something else. Hopefully you have better luck.

Ok first email back from Corsair today. Should I be expecting a upto 3-5 days between each email going out to get a new one in reply? This process is going to be extremely long and drawn out...

Unfortunately, that does seem to be the current system. Just did a RMA too on something else and it didn't matter if I responded within 30 seconds. It was days before the next contact. Hopefully given the nature of the issue you will be passed up the chain shortly.