The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2019, 10:45 PM
Adorned's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994576
Adorned Reputation: 10
Default CarbidE Spec Delta RGB case RGB issue.

I've recently finished putting my PC together with my new carbide case. The case came with 3 RGB fans in the front connected to a 3 way splitter. I connected that to the 5 pin 12v rgbw on my Mobo but only the middle fans RGB is working. All the fans are spinning and working but I can't seem to get the other two to light up.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:38 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994579
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorned View Post
I've recently finished putting my PC together with my new carbide case. The case came with 3 RGB fans in the front connected to a 3 way splitter. I connected that to the 5 pin 12v rgbw on my Mobo but only the middle fans RGB is working. All the fans are spinning and working but I can't seem to get the other two to light up.
That's not how they work and you may damage the fans or the fan hub by connecting it to that motherboard header. The case should come with a push-button controller for the SP-RGB fans.

Check out the RGB FAQ at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880 as well.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:03 AM
Adorned's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994581
Adorned Reputation: 10

My case definitely didn't come with a button controller, so I must be missing something.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:38 PM

POST ID # = 995065
jaeon Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
That's not how they work and you may damage the fans or the fan hub by connecting it to that motherboard header. The case should come with a push-button controller for the SP-RGB fans.

Check out the RGB FAQ at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880 as well.

There was no push button controller included with my case. What leads you to believe such an item was included?

Old 02-20-2019, 11:40 PM

POST ID # = 995066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorned View Post
My case definitely didn't come with a button controller, so I must be missing something.
I would like to know how you are addressing this. The little pamphlet included with the case does not cover this

Old 03-14-2019, 10:52 PM

POST ID # = 997775
Onyx1 Reputation: 10
Default Please help

My Case: Corsair Carbide spec delta came with three rgb fans which have all worked just never lit up. Gigabyte rgb fusion refused to pick them up, also, even though I have read it should. Please help! It never came with a controller, just an rgb splitter.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:14 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997780
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Actually, let me correct my previous statement - at the time I was unaware that these fans were not at all like any of Corsair's other RGB fans. I looked at the photos and mistakenly identified them as SP-RGB fans. They are not. They are, instead, 12V analog RGB that works with the 4-pin (non-addressable) Aura-style connections.

Now ... these won't be "picked up" by software. You need to tell the software that you have something on the header and how it should behave.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:29 PM

POST ID # = 998370

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Actually, let me correct my previous statement - at the time I was unaware that these fans were not at all like any of Corsair's other RGB fans. I looked at the photos and mistakenly identified them as SP-RGB fans. They are not. They are, instead, 12V analog RGB that works with the 4-pin (non-addressable) Aura-style connections.

Now ... these won't be "picked up" by software. You need to tell the software that you have something on the header and how it should behave.
Best to do some research

Old 04-23-2019, 03:30 PM

POST ID # = 1002329
Karti Reputation: 10

Where can you buy more of the same fans included if they are not sp120 fans?

Old 04-23-2019, 04:11 PM
Its all about the caps
SpDFre@k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002338
SpDFre@k Reputation: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karti View Post
Where can you buy more of the same fans included if they are not sp120 fans?
Corsair has them in stock on their website. They are not available in any retail stores separately.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:41 AM

POST ID # = 1004902
Karti Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpDFre@k View Post
Corsair has them in stock on their website. They are not available in any retail stores separately.
I must of went past them earlier. Thanks