The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-08-2018, 01:47 PM
lord_ariez lord_ariez is offline
Registered User
lord_ariez's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 38
POST ID # = 958211
lord_ariez Reputation: 10
Default Lots of problems with 3.3 (Log included)

Well, unfortunately, this was a terrible update for me. To be honest, there are way too many problems for me to even begin troubleshooting so I'm downgrading. It was nice to have the startup lighting issues fixed but too many problems to keep.

1- High Cpu - 18-28% on my OC 8600K, tried a few of the steps on the stickied post and couldn't resolve it.

2- Default Fan Profiles - On startup the default fan profiles go ape, I've found that killing the corsair service reverts them to proper rpm settings. I'm aware a custom curve isn't an issue because my rad and exhaust fans are on custom curves, my others are set to use different default profiles depending on which main profile I'm running.

3- Dashboard - Trying to use the dashboard completely crashes Icue, can't even get a glimpse of it, the second I click on it, It's crashed.

4- Mouse issues - 3.3 has seemed to break both the forward and back buttons on my Harpoon mouse, haven't bothered to see what's going on with this one as the list of problems is just too high already.

All components have the latest drivers, I was really hoping to not have to open task manager on every start but it's back to the drawing board. I know you guys are working hard to please keep it up but I'll be waiting for the next update before I do anything.

(Getting security error trying to upload log, will try a browser restart and reupload)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-08-2018, 01:49 PM
lord_ariez lord_ariez is offline
Registered User
lord_ariez's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 38
POST ID # = 958213
lord_ariez Reputation: 10
Default

I still can't upload my log, anti-virus and defender disabled...

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-08-2018, 02:37 PM
solarity solarity is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 707
POST ID # = 958224
solarity Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_ariez View Post
Well, unfortunately, this was a terrible update for me. To be honest, there are way too many problems for me to even begin troubleshooting so I'm downgrading. It was nice to have the startup lighting issues fixed but too many problems to keep.

1- High Cpu - 18-28% on my OC 8600K, tried a few of the steps on the stickied post and couldn't resolve it.

2- Default Fan Profiles - On startup the default fan profiles go ape, I've found that killing the corsair service reverts them to proper rpm settings. I'm aware a custom curve isn't an issue because my rad and exhaust fans are on custom curves, my others are set to use different default profiles depending on which main profile I'm running.

3- Dashboard - Trying to use the dashboard completely crashes Icue, can't even get a glimpse of it, the second I click on it, It's crashed.

4- Mouse issues - 3.3 has seemed to break both the forward and back buttons on my Harpoon mouse, haven't bothered to see what's going on with this one as the list of problems is just too high already.

All components have the latest drivers, I was really hoping to not have to open task manager on every start but it's back to the drawing board. I know you guys are working hard to please keep it up but I'll be waiting for the next update before I do anything.

(Getting security error trying to upload log, will try a browser restart and reupload)
Interesting, do you have any of the problematic devices V2 AIO, RGB RAM, or Void Pro Wireless headset? I don't know if any confirmed that the harpoon was working also the first person I have seen with a K55 keyboard. Do you have a different mouse/keyboard you could test with. You should also be able to pull up the Task Manager and just unplug the mouse to see if it goes down, then pull the Keyboard as well. Lastly is there anything in your profile that is corsair you left out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_ariez View Post
I still can't upload my log, anti-virus and defender disabled...

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Try closing your browser completely and reopening it or try a different browser.
__________________
RGB 101 Video: General overview on RGB
Zotty's Corsair Guide: RGB FAQ and Sample Diagrams


Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-08-2018, 02:50 PM
lord_ariez lord_ariez is offline
Registered User
lord_ariez's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 38
POST ID # = 958226
lord_ariez Reputation: 10
Default

I just tried to reupload the log through chrome and edge, both with Avast and defender off. Also tried a full system restart and I'm still getting the same error with the upload.

Here's a dropbox link to the log file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfmd8ov1m6...uelog.zip?dl=0

I also updated my profile specs to include the h100i V2 (Which I know is problematic) and my fans.

EDIT- I don't have another keyboard or mouse to try.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2018, 04:04 AM
denym_ denym_ is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 15
POST ID # = 958330
denym_ Reputation: 10
Default

Same for me. With every iCUE update my setup works less. With the latest version the fans going nuts was introduced and also the LightningLink Visor is slower and somehow looks choppy. But just on the fans, for keyboard mousepad it works as expected.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2018, 08:57 AM
Astral85 Astral85 is offline
Registered User
Astral85's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 335
POST ID # = 958356
Astral85 Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denym_ View Post
Also the LightningLink Visor is slower and somehow looks choppy. But just on the fans, for keyboard mousepad it works as expected.
I noticed this after the update 3.3 also. Any moving light effects like visor or colour wave appeared choppy or stuttered.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-09-2018, 01:05 PM
ascully ascully is offline
Registered User
ascully's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 19
POST ID # = 958385
ascully Reputation: 10
Default

I also downgraded had no side mouse buttons on my Glaive RGB and Commander Pro fan profiles were all super loud and messed up.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-09-2018, 01:57 PM
MadBullBunny MadBullBunny is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 15
POST ID # = 958397
MadBullBunny Reputation: 10
Default

Current version is BS and it doesn't seem like they note down simple issues people report. Sticking with the last version as so far its the only version of any corsair program I've used so far to stay under .5% cpu and 100mb memory. Have to put up with my bright AIO LED though.

I haven't had the best outlook with corsair software since a dev posted few months ago that it was ideally fine to have a program such a this use 15% cpu resources. I wish I saved the post, but it seems to have been deleted along with my response to him. On top of that I'm still having a constant struggle of a 50/50 chance that a device won't stay connected when my pc boots/restarts and its still a common issues being reported by many.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.