Corsair Community

H100i platinum, ML120s, ML140. Commander pro?

nezff

The Platinum coolers have RGB connectors for the fans. So you won't need to connect them to the Fan Hub with the other fans (though you certainly can if you like).

Other than that, you seem to have it handled. You are correct; they Commander Pro will replace the Lighting Node Pro (and then some). This is a good option if you have limited PWM Fan Headers on the motherboard.

• Like 1

The Platinum coolers have RGB connectors for the fans. So you won't need to connect them to the Fan Hub with the other fans (though you certainly can if you like).

Other than that, you seem to have it handled. You are correct; they Commander Pro will replace the Lighting Node Pro (and then some). This is a good option if you have limited PWM Fan Headers on the motherboard.

Thank you sir. I was mainly plugging all the fans into the hub because of them syncing up together. Having the same lighting.

One quick question: Can I plug the USB from the H100i Platinum into the USB on the commander pro? This basically just saves me running a USB into my mobo.

thanks in advance.

Yes, you can plug the cooler USB 2.0 into the C-Pro USB slot and that is one of it's key utility features. Getting hard to find a board with more than 1 USB 2.0 internal port. The C-Pro USB receptacle looks a bit off and more like a USB 3, but if you look inside you will see the expected 2.0 pin-out.
  • Like 1

Yes, you can plug the cooler USB 2.0 into the C-Pro USB slot and that is one of it's key utility features. Getting hard to find a board with more than 1 USB 2.0 internal port. The C-Pro USB receptacle looks a bit off and more like a USB 3, but if you look inside you will see the expected 2.0 pin-out.

Great! thanks so much.

Got the commander pro in. One question. The usb from the h100i platinum seems a tad short. Causing me to try and move things closer inside the case. If I move the commander pro closer to top of case, the usb from the commander might not reach and vice versa. Thanks in advance and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can use internal USB extensions.

Right. Next question. I notice the usb end from the h100i that goes to mobo header is only 4-5 wires whereas others like commander pro has more. Should I search for a extension with 4-5 wired? Thanks

Good eyes!

So ... here's how it works. Each internal USB header has 2 USB ports. Each USB port uses 4 pins. The extra pin on one row is for an additional ground.

As you've noted, the H100i only uses a single port. The Commander Pro, however, requires both ports. One of those ports is for the CoPro's internal MCU, the other is for the CoPro's USB hub.

For the H100i, you can use an extension for a single port. Just make sure that you are super-careful to line up the wiring! In fact, I've used just such an extension cable for both my H115i (both the Pro and Platinum) and my HX1200i to put both of them on a single USB 2.0 internal header.

• 7 months later...

wanted to see what you guys thought of this new layout for my PC. thanks in advance. Let me know if anything should be changed.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1011063&postcount=8