ALexk1

I am having a few problems with my h100i

- The liquid temperature is always 40C in idle, 55C gaming

- In iCUE in quiet or balanced mode always set the rpm to 2700

I leave some screenshots

c1345bf0199b7c40359962ba089ab695.jpg

7e77e424e88a72109abbd6c86a2b8cd0.jpg

3677a96bdfcafeffd4bf2eeef2385b3a.png

PS: Im using iCUE 3.19.120 and when I try to update the firmware I get an error saying that it is not available

iCUE 3.19.120 is the software, not the firmware. It is also the latest.

The fans are always running at maximum speed because you have reached a coolant temperature threshold where people start to run into trouble in terms of CPU load temperature. 40C is the 100% fan speed line for the three default curves. This may not suit people in warmer climates where the normal baseline temperature could be 28-31C with no load. However, from the data I can see on HWiNFO, it looks like your case is hot and thus everything else will be too. If you case ambient air temperature is 40C, then nothing else can be lower than 40C. The next step is to find out why.

Can you detail your case model, where the H100i Platinum is located, case fans and which direction they are blowing (intake vs exhaust)?

In the meantime, make a custom curve by clicking the + button in the Performance tab. That will create a new "cooling mode". Set the control variable to H100i Platinum Temp (coolant temperature) and then take the fan speed down or set a fixed speed. If the case is 40C, no amount of fan speed will make things any cooler. 1000 rpm is more than enough for the desktop and 1500 should be enough for most normal variable loads.

iCUE 3.19.120 is the software, not the firmware. It is also the latest.

The fans are always running at maximum speed because you have reached a coolant temperature threshold where people start to run into trouble in terms of CPU load temperature. 40C is the 100% fan speed line for the three default curves. This may not suit people in warmer climates where the normal baseline temperature could be 28-31C with no load. However, from the data I can see on HWiNFO, it looks like your case is hot and thus everything else will be too. If you case ambient air temperature is 40C, then nothing else can be lower than 40C. The next step is to find out why.

Can you detail your case model, where the H100i Platinum is located, case fans and which direction they are blowing (intake vs exhaust)?

In the meantime, make a custom curve by clicking the + button in the Performance tab. That will create a new "cooling mode". Set the control variable to H100i Platinum Temp (coolant temperature) and then take the fan speed down or set a fixed speed. If the case is 40C, no amount of fan speed will make things any cooler. 1000 rpm is more than enough for the desktop and 1500 should be enough for most normal variable loads.

I didn't know there was an option to configure a custom curve, thanks

My case is Fractal Meshify C, h100i is located at the top of the case

I'm using in total 5 ML120 PRO:

- 1 rear and 2 up (AIO) exhaust

- 2 front intake

PS: when I said the firmware, i mean the h100i firmware, which I can't update

Last I heard, the most recent firmware update for the Platinum coolers had been pulled back. This may be why your version does not match others users and even when you are on the most current version, it gives the error message instead of an "up to date" message. Either way, that is not responsible for what you are seeing.

Pretty normal case fan layout, the case is not a known hot box, and the 2080 Super should not factor in much at idle. I can't see all of the HWiNFO stats. Do you have a way to better assess the internal case temperature? What is the room temperature? That always has the most bearing on everything else. If your room is 32C, you are probably going to idle at 38C+. Is there anything restricting the radiator from shedding it's heat? Solid top panel? Dust filter?

Last I heard, the most recent firmware update for the Platinum coolers had been pulled back. This may be why your version does not match others users and even when you are on the most current version, it gives the error message instead of an "up to date" message. Either way, that is not responsible for what you are seeing.

Pretty normal case fan layout, the case is not a known hot box, and the 2080 Super should not factor in much at idle. I can't see all of the HWiNFO stats. Do you have a way to better assess the internal case temperature? What is the room temperature? That always has the most bearing on everything else. If your room is 32C, you are probably going to idle at 38C+. Is there anything restricting the radiator from shedding it's heat? Solid top panel? Dust filter?

The room temperature is about 26-28C max and top of the case has a dust filter yes

I had almost forgotten, but there was an issue with certain Platinum coolers producing a false coolant temperature reading based on the lighting used on the pump. One way to test this is to set the pump LED to solid black (0,0,0) and let it sit for a few minutes. Then change it to solid white. If the coolant temps jumps 3-5C instantly, then that is a factor. Another is your coolant temp and base core temps should be about the same at idle. If the coolant is 40C and the cores all read 32-34C, then the coolant is not really 40C.

32C is more appropriate for 27-28C room temp. Be aware having the top dust filter will cost you a few degrees in CPU temp. You can take it off to assess how much and weigh the value of the screen.