Corsair Community

I tried, I really tried...

Kissler

Corsair failed me AGAIN. :mad:

http://i.imgur.com/y49IbXl.png

This is what happens after an hour with the H100i GTX plugged in.

Originally, I thought it was Windows, so I re-installed. Patched up and installed CL. After an hour, I got the error above, without warning CL crashes and when you re-launch, this appears. So then I thought it was because of the 1st Gen Commander Module I had. So I went ahead and bought the Commander Mini which arrived today. Did a clean install of CL and after an hour, I'm greeted with that F#&!NG error above. AGAIN!

What the hell, Corsair. What are you guys actually doing over there. I've read every post, every person stating that this software just DOESN'T WORK! I keep seeing the same BS crowd control reassurances in every post. Just STOP IT already! Stop flooding your product line with Corsair Link products if the DAMN SOFTWARE DOESN'T WORK! Why do you deserve my hard earned money if you can't even get the product to work AS INTENDED?!

You know what I'm listening to right now? The sound of EVERY FAN in my PC (2 front, 2 Radiator, 1 Rear) going full speed because Corsair Link crashes and I can no longer control the speed. This is class action worthy stuff right here and I'm surprised one hasn't been started yet. I base this on the fact that your company delivered a product that doesn't work as advertised and you continue to release broken software in an attempt to fix a problem instead of just GOING BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD! Seriously, how much longer will you guys put on this charade that Corsair Link is a viable solution, that it works?!

I understand this sounds harsh, but a kick in the *** is what you need to get motivated and that's what I wrote. I want more than a reassurance, I want a working product and I want it soon.

Edit: Completely uninstalling the driver for the H100i GTX stops CL from crashing, so there is obviously an issue with the driver being supplied or used by Windows for that device.

Crash seems to occur in this sequence:

Part 1 (App Crash)

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte.
  at System.Convert.ToByte(String value, Int32 fromBase)
  at CorsairLink.PlugIns.CCVI.CovertDecToByte(Decimal dec)
  at CorsairLink.PlugIns.CCVI.UpdateLed(Device led, Boolean frontEndUpdate)
  at CorsairLink.DeviceHandler.UpdateDevices(Interval interval, List`1 devices)

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte.

Server stack trace: 
  at CorsairLink.DeviceHandler.PluginFrontendEvent(EventArgs e)
  at CorsairLink.PlugInHandler.plugin_FrontendEvent(EventArgs e)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
  at CorsairLink.FrontendPlugIn.RaiseFrontendEvent(EventArgs e)
  at CorsairLink.Ui.Legacy.OnUpdate(Model model)
  at CorsairLink.Ui.Message.DoUpdate(Model model)
  at CorsairLink.Ui.Message.read_data(MemoryMappedViewStream reader)
  at CorsairLink.Ui.Message.read_message_thread(Boolean is_service, Int32 delay_time)
  at CorsairLink.Ui.MessageServer.<.ctor>b__2()
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Part 2 (App Gets Killed)

Application: CorsairLink.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.OverflowException
Stack:

Server stack trace: 
  at CorsairLink.DeviceHandler.PluginFrontendEvent(EventArgs e)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.MessageData ByRef, Int32)
  at CorsairLink.PlugInHandler.plugin_FrontendEvent(EventArgs)
  at CorsairLink.FrontendPlugIn.RaiseFrontendEvent(EventArgs)
  at CorsairLink.Ui.Legacy.OnUpdate(CorsairLink.Model)
  at CorsairLink.Ui.Message.DoUpdate(CorsairLink.Model)
  at CorsairLink.Ui.Message.read_data(System.IO.MemoryMappedFiles.MemoryMappedViewStream)
  at CorsairLink.Ui.Message.read_message_thread(Boolean, Int32)
  at CorsairLink.Ui.MessageServer.<.ctor>b__2()
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Part 3 (No Notification of App Failure)

Faulting application name: CorsairLink.exe, version: 3.1.5570.29367, time stamp: 0x551ddc6f
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54504ade
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00014598
Faulting process id: 0x1560
Faulting application start time: 0x01d09cb92b60e7d6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link\CorsairLink.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 6e3f0022-08ac-11e5-8295-001bdc06cdad
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Part 4 (Logging of App Failure to Archive)

Fault bucket 94739527383, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: CorsairLink.exe
P2: 3.1.5570.29367
P3: 551ddc6f
P4: mscorlib
P5: 4.0.30319.34209
P6: 534894cc
P7: 5491
P8: 0
P9: System.OverflowException
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Users\Kissler\AppData\Local\Temp\WER19DE.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_CorsairLink.exe_6e65453974fe53022b07efeac5232815022aa46_c15cf1a8_08a81b55

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 6e3f0022-08ac-11e5-8295-001bdc06cdad
Report Status: 0
Hashed bucket: 222795b53ab30244535124824f9c068d

• 2 weeks later...
Update: Issue is with the update check. If I disconnect or disable (tried both) the Ethernet port on my PC. CorsairLink functions properly and doesn't crash. If I close out CL and have an active internet connection, then it crashes right away. I'll be more than glad to screen record what it does and send you more error logs, but I think it's clear: You should add an option to disable auto-check for updates.

Archived