Corsair Community

iCUE Not Working on Windows 10 Lockscreen

sabaatworld

I'm using iCUE 3.28.70 on Windows 10 Pro (ver 1909).

As soon as I lock the screen, my QL120 / QL140 RGB fans revert to the "Hardware Lighting" colors that I've set. These colors should only be applied when iCUE is not running but they activate as soon as I lock.

I feel like this is a huge disappointment cause I cannot leave my PC unlocked just to show off the lighting effects. :mad: :[pouts:

Corsair, please fix this ASAP!

Hey, hey!

Windows 10 no longer sends information to internal usb headers when the OS is locked, and that information is required by iCUE to apply effects to the hardware connected to them which drives the rgb.

The option here is to make use of the hardware lighting feature.

EDIT: Use Hardware Lighting Feature when the OS is locked as the Corsair Service will stop running, not the shutdown of internal usb headers. Enjoy!

Edited by PJH

Hey, hey!

Windows 10 no longer sends information to internal usb headers when the OS is locked, and that information is required by iCUE to apply effects to the hardware connected to them which drives the rgb.

Do you mean that if I connect it to external USB ports, it will work? Also, do you have any links mentioning when Windows 10 made this change?

Thanks

Hey, hey!

This simply is not true. The headers are simply USB ports, and if they did not work while locked how would you use a mouse or keyboard?

This simply is not true. The headers are simply USB ports, and if they did not work while locked how would you use a mouse or keyboard?

Hey, hey!

In order to prove that this is not the case, I set up a virtual machine running windows 10 on my PC. Set it up with minimal specs such as 2GB RAM, 50% of 1 CPU core to use, etc. I attached Lighting node pro to it under USB devices and setup iCUE on it.

Lighting effects continue to work when I lock my PC. However, they stop when I lock my virtual machine. This is the only workaround I've found till now.

Corsair should fix this issue ASAP.

My problem is very similar: my K95 keyboard is not lighted as long as I'm not logged in. This is only the case since I updated to the new iCue software. Unfortunately I can't go back since I updated the firmware too. :sigh!: Before, I could save the lighting settings in the firmware of the keyboard, so it didn't care if the Cue software was running or not. Now, it's dependent on that which is a huge disadvantage for me.:evil:

Please fix this Corsair:!:

My problem is very similar: my K95 keyboard is not lighted as long as I'm not logged in. This is only the case since I updated to the new iCue software. Unfortunately I can't go back since I updated the firmware too. :sigh!: Before, I could save the lighting settings in the firmware of the keyboard, so it didn't care if the Cue software was running or not. Now, it's dependent on that which is a huge disadvantage for me.:evil:

Please fix this Corsair:!:

You need to check your settings. Nothing has changed in this regard. HW lighting is in effect when the software is not running. This is not related to firmware and updating it does not alter the save slots.

In order to prove that this is not the case, I set up a virtual machine running windows 10 on my PC. Set it up with minimal specs such as 2GB RAM, 50% of 1 CPU core to use, etc. I attached Lighting node pro to it under USB devices and setup iCUE on it.

Lighting effects continue to work when I lock my PC. However, they stop when I lock my virtual machine. This is the only workaround I've found till now.

Corsair should fix this issue ASAP.

My understanding is that it's a choice by Corsair, though. There were some posts on this a year or two back, but I don't recall the reasoning; I think it's to do with the services that iCue runs. Perhaps they could be run at the system level, rather than user level, not sure.

It's pretty disappointing to not work with teh screen locked, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, hey!

Thank-you for following up on this. Indeed, you will be able to enjoy using Hardware Lighting when you go into Windows 10 Lock Mode.

I have made an edit to the original post, as not to spread misinformation or create confusion.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=982262&postcount=1

Enjoy!

Thank you but I can't see it. :bigeyes: Please give me a hint, see my screenshots in the attachment. There is no option to save my settings on the device, like it was possible with the old CUE software.

attachment.php?attachmentid=38206&stc=1&d=1590913809

attachment.php?attachmentid=38207&stc=1&d=1590913831

2020-05-31.thumb.png.ebd3306576029bfb569909c723e09ac7.png

1897857442_2020-05-31(1).thumb.png.e9df89effaf0f082a55ebb8398efa114.png