Corsair Community

Can the XD3 be taken apart for cleaning?

WiKDMoNKY

My XD3 seems to be a little foggy compared to the XD7 and XT soft tubing (both are crystal clear). I am going to drain my loop, move my temp sensor and install a proper drain with a valve tomorrow. I was thinking I should take the XD7 apart and clean it with alcohol and a toothbrush while I have the loop torn apart as well as flush the radiator with vinegar, baking soda and distilled water4. The XD3 seems like it cannot be taken apart for cleaning.

Looking at the back of the XD3, it has 4 torx head screws, which look like would hold the actual pump motor to the chassis. The 4 dampened mounts look like they may be able to be removed with a flat screwdriver, but I am not sure what is underneath them.

My guess is I would need to use a plastic pry tool above or below the LED diffuser ring to separate the actual reservoir. I would prefer to not break it after only having it for a week, but I think a good scrubbing would make it crystal clear like the XD7.

LbBXU2NXD3_RGB_04_575px.jpg

Anyone?

I'd just flush the res with gallon of distilled, drain and repeat.

Otherwise:

- remove 4 rubber decouplers, body will come off

- remove 4 philips head screws, front plate will come off

- remove a bunch (around 10) torx head screws, front transparent reservoir face will come off

I'd really flush with water first before going anywhere near disassembling (any) water cooling component.