Corsair Community

H150i Pro – Fan Control FAILS in iCue

michaeldowns

Do not buy this product if you think it will work properly – it does not.

With the latest iCue v3.28.70 and the two previous versions, latest firmware 1.0.4, the fans for the Hi50i Pro do not respond to speed control properly.

I have experimented off and on for weeks trying to get iCue to correctly control the fan speed and it simply does not.

- Create a custom fan profile with the sensor as the coolant temp.

- Set the control as fixed RPM – it does not control the fans RPM – they go to a different RPM

- Set the control as fixed % - it does not control the fans by % - they go to some other %

- Create a custom profile with the sensor as the CPU temp

- Set the control as fixed RPM – it does not control the fans RPM they go max RPM

- Set the control as fixed % - it does not control the fans by % either – they go max %

Try the same as above with custom fan control ramps (not fixed RPM nor %)

- Create a custom fan profile with the sensor as the coolant temp or CPU temp

- Set the ramp to max 50% - the fans are not controlled to a max of 50% they go to max speed (approx. 1600 rpm)

See the attached screen shots.

The fans are controlled somewhat properly only with the built in default fan speed profiles (quiet, balanced, etc.) with the water temp sensor. The fans are not controlled properly at all with the CPU temp sensor.

Yes, I know that all the fan profiles are controlled by the last temp sensor selected. Don't even bring that up. That is a design flaw and that is also buggy anyway.

I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, cleaned the registry and etc., etc., etc...

Many, many tests show this is not a hardware problem, it is buggy software or firmware or a combination of both.

(OK, maybe too much time available in quarantine.)

Very disappointed in this product and cannot recommend it. I have lost patience. Without some resolution, I will post these results on Amazon, AMD’s forums, AnandTech, Ars Technica, Tom’s Hardware, Overclockers.net, and etc.

Trying to get a resolution from Corsair is fruitless.

:mad:

1027033793_FanContolFail1.thumb.png.438e4bce08d9c34a76d20f4073a68c5f.png

2084400226_FanContolFail2.thumb.png.cbc87058d55a13d710fd274553b3f22d.png

What fans are you using on the cooler?

Using CPU temp as the control variable is always going to bring erratic results. The variable is extremely dynamic and thus so are the fans. Also, it's not how the cooling process works so you are literally spinning your wheels for nothing. You would be better of using the native coolant temp sensor (H150i Temp) for the least fan volatility and the most efficient use of fan speed. However, that should not cause the fans to fail to respond to fixed RPM or %, which is why I am wondering about the fans in use. You are the only person reporting this is the forum at the moment.