Corsair Community

trying to figure out 10 fans + hydro x

raysc

Hi community,

I have looked through the diagrams but i cant seem to figure this out.

I am planning for a new build.

10 LL120s

XC7

XD5

one (CoPro and one RGB HUB) will take care of all PWM connections and RGB connections for 6 fans.... leaving me with 4 fans , XC7, and XD5

so im trying to figure out what the best way to do this with full access from iCUE.

initially i thought i would just use another hub, but i learned that the XD5 and XC7 has to connect to the LED CHANNEL

also, another RGB HUB will eat up the last LED CHANNEL on the CoPro. also, i would need another 4PWM connections somehow for the 4 fans

could i somehow utilize the usb connections on the CoPro to solve what im trying to do?

is the only way to have another CoPro?

another question is- am i able to use multiple PWM HUBs to take care of the 10 fan PWM connections?

ie

CoPro PWM 1 connects to a pwm hub which contains 3 fans

CoPro PWM 2 connects to a pwm hub which contains another 3 fans

CoPro PWM 3 connects to a pwm hub which contains another 3 fans

CoPro PWM 4 connects to a fan

CoPro PWM 5 connects to XD5

CoPro PWM 6 is left alone

Edited by raysc

Yes, you can use a PWM hub for the fans. Make sure to set the fan as 4-pin manually in iCUE.

Put the XD5 on CoPro #6.

As for the LED channels, you can either use a Lighting Node Pro connected to the CoPro USB channel or get a 3rd party Fan Hub Splitter.

Thanks!

Is there a difference in having XD5 of 5 vs 6?

Is there a PWM hub that you recommend?

Cheers,

ray

The HydroX Wizard expects it to be in 6. The manual states to put it in 6. So ...

As for PWM hub ... not really. There are several out there. I've heard of folks having success with all sorts of various hubs.