Corsair Community

Corsair Scimitar randomly changes settings?

Kubla

I just got a new Corsair Scimitar and made my own profile which works great however it will randomly change the DPI and the color on the mouse wheel and logo.

I have it pluged in my Corsair mouse pad so I just unplug the mouse and plug it back in and it goes back to my profile settings until it decides to change itself again.

I have also tried to remove the built in profiles thinking maybe they were some how interfering with mine, but they just come back after I reset the mouse.

What would cause this random changing?

Thanks

Don't delete the HW profiles for the mouse. They are useful and necessary for use without iCUE running. The next time it does that and drops your profile, try and open iCUE. I am curious if the program is crashing. Also, make sure your created software profile for the Scimitar is on the top of the list in iCUE. "Default" does make it the default. Being on the top of the list (and not linked to any specific .exe program) will make it the default, regardless of the name.

Clearing the mouse memory erases the stored HW profiles on the mouse. They can be re-saved to the mouse from within iCUE. In the absence of any HW profiles, it likely has some sort of hidden default lighting and DPI config.

It should not shift to HW profiles when iCUE is running, thus I was curious if the program was crashing/freezing, and then properly shifting to the HW profile because the software had crashed. I guess wait and see if/when there is a next time.

• 2 weeks later...

It is still doing it and driving me nuts in the process, it does not happen when playing games, but will happen a lot while browsing the internet, and occasionally while opening programs other than games.

The only way to reset it is unplugging and plugging the mouse.

I just can't figure out what triggers it?