Corsair Community

Win 8 Vengeance 2000 7.1 surround audio editing?

mStuff

Hi,

I bought a Vengeance 2000 back in July. I bought it mostly because of it's 7.1 surround capabilities, and actually I wasn't very happy with it. I just couldn't get the 7.1 surround to work! I bought the headset because I, some time earlier had bought a software pack from Adobe, and I wanted to be able to edit multichannel audio in Audition.

At first, I thought, because the headset was quite new and all that, that Corsair just needed some time to get it right, but I haven't gotten anything new from Corsair since I bought the headset.

?I think? the headset has kind of 5.1 capabilities (FL, FR, C, BL, BR) in certain tests and games, but Audition only recognizes two speakers, so why's that?

I've read a couple of threads here on the forums and I tried running the default Windows drivers as many other users has suggested and had success with, but the only thing I have had from using that driver was worse audio quality, only stereo sound and a weak bass, which by the way is great with Corsair's driver.

How do I make Windows register the headset as a 7.1 surround sound headset so that I can use it while editing multichannel sound?

btw:

Is it possible to remove the hissing sound that starts whenever I run a sound-using program? The sound turns off about 9 seconds after sounds stop playing, followed by a more discrete hissing sound. I'm afraid it gives me a headache after using the headset for a longer session.

Is there any way to make the wireless stronger? I can hardly leave my room without the sound cutting out.

Why is my headset playing the sound from the mic while it's activated? Can it be turned off/ turned down?

Why can't I make my headset "listen" to other recording devices, or make the mic be listened on another playback device in Windows?

My english is not the best, if my explanations are not thorough enough, tell me and I'll try to make it better!

Cheers

• Corsair Employee

To get 7.1, you must use the Corsair Drivers as the 7.1 is derived from the Xear software.

There is some hiss but how audible it is depends on the software (I notice for example it is more apparent with Skype than it is with Ventrilo for example).

The wireless will vary based on how much interference is around from either your environment or if you have a relatively strong WiFi signal, for example. Try using the extension cable included to separate the dongle away from any sources of conflict.

There is some mic loopback inherent with wireless devices and that is what you are hearing with your mic.

The headset can only be used with the USB dongle as that is the audio source for both your input and output.

Your english is not a problem ;):

To get 7.1, you must use the Corsair Drivers as the 7.1 is derived from the Xear software.:

I have it installed at the moment, the headset registers as a stereo headset in windows :/

There is some hiss but how audible it is depends on the software (I notice for example it is more apparent with Skype than it is with Ventrilo for example).:

I'll try listening which of my applications that make the most noise, I guess I never noticed it was different.

The wireless will vary based on how much interference is around from either your environment or if you have a relatively strong WiFi signal, for example. Try using the extension cable included to separate the dongle away from any sources of conflict.:

I have the extension cable connected right now, the dongle is sitting right in between my two monitors on my workstation, I guess I work about 20 feet from the WiFi router, but there's a solid wall between?

There is some mic loopback inherent with wireless devices and that is what you are hearing with your mic.:

I guess I'll try to cope with it.

The headset can only be used with the USB dongle as that is the audio source for both your input and output.:

[sOLVED] But it registers the headset and the mic as two seperate audio devices on my PC? Is there no way to have, as an example, my Vengeance mic "listened" to a virtual audio cable (ie. another audio device) I have just started teaching again online through livestreaming, and I'd like to do it all on my PC and avoid my real, hardware mixer :/

Thanks for your response!

Archived