The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2018, 09:19 PM
DrButtlet's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974479
DrButtlet Reputation: 10

So far no crashes for me though....? on the test build I got pm'd....Cept MAYBE one but I was also playing a heavily modded GTA EFLC and I haven't been able to repeat said crash...
This is also running on a freshly built system

Last edited by DrButtlet; 09-27-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:46 AM
Demandred's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974618
Demandred Reputation: 10

Hi All,

I have also been experiencing this for the last year.

I just thought I would share a way to still keep your control without having Icue installed on your PC (albeit a bit ridiculous, this needs to be fixed...)

I was able to install Vmware Workstation and passthrough all of the corsair peripherals (PSU control, Commander and H150i) to a VM Running windows 10 which in turn is running ICUE.

The fact that this has been going on for months and months is absolutely ridiculous, it essensially invalidates your entire Ecosystem I essensially have 4 corsair devices which are hamstrung on my system and have caused massive frustration throughout this year.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:50 AM
Psycycb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974627
Psycycb Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
Hi All,

I have also been experiencing this for the last year.

I just thought I would share a way to still keep your control without having Icue installed on your PC (albeit a bit ridiculous, this needs to be fixed...)

I was able to install Vmware Workstation and passthrough all of the corsair peripherals (PSU control, Commander and H150i) to a VM Running windows 10 which in turn is running ICUE.

The fact that this has been going on for months and months is absolutely ridiculous, it essensially invalidates your entire Ecosystem I essensially have 4 corsair devices which are hamstrung on my system and have caused massive frustration throughout this year.
I do as you do. Let's see the result!
Old 09-29-2018, 08:41 AM
Psycycb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974639

installed a virtual, installed on it icue, while everything works
Old 09-29-2018, 01:16 PM
Psycycb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974660

did not work. after two hours again black screen
Old 09-29-2018, 05:53 PM
Palmu85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974678
Palmu85 Reputation: 10

I´ve got similar problem with icue and Clink, but it doesn`t go total black, it slows the system down so I can`t play games or do anything really, slide show... got 32gb of ram so it might be why It doesn`t get totally jammed (black screen), but I have to reset system to get it back to normal. Also lowering ram speed makes it go less jammed, but still unusable. got Asus Rampage IV Black Edition, intel I7 4930k and 2 evga gtx 780 sc acx in sli. I use ICUE to control my corsair keyboard colors and ax1200i psu fan. Removing usb dongle driver from use and not starting ICUE removes the problem. Have had this problem for years. Today it jammed after several hours of playing R6 Siege. I have had ICUE uninstalled for some time, just installed it back to see if the problem is fixed and now I found this forum.

Last edited by Palmu85; 09-29-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:26 AM
Psycycb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmu85 View Post
I´ve got similar problem with icue and Clink, but it doesn`t go total black, it slows the system down so I can`t play games or do anything really, slide show... got 32gb of ram so it might be why It doesn`t get totally jammed (black screen), but I have to reset system to get it back to normal. Also lowering ram speed makes it go less jammed, but still unusable. got Asus Rampage IV Black Edition, intel I7 4930k and 2 evga gtx 780 sc acx in sli. I use ICUE to control my corsair keyboard colors and ax1200i psu fan. Removing usb dongle driver from use and not starting ICUE removes the problem. Have had this problem for years. Today it jammed after several hours of playing R6 Siege. I have had ICUE uninstalled for some time, just installed it back to see if the problem is fixed and now I found this forum.
when iCUE is installed but not started there are still two processes running in the background, I have to remove the iCUE system from the computer and clean the res (google translate)
Old 09-30-2018, 08:20 AM
Psycycb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974717

there is an assumption that the problem is in the monitoring of summer residents. The latest version HWiNFO 5.88 leads also to the black screen. so the question is what utility the sensors read in iCUE? put the old version iCUE 3.4.95, for a day there was no black screen (google translate)

Last edited by Psycycb; 09-30-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:22 AM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974718
WhiskeyOmega Reputation: 10

Well Corsair James sent me a bad link over a week ago now and not heard back from him. So not been able to do any testing so ive renamed cpuidsdk again.Not overly happy with corsairs lack of urgency on this and the fact ive just had to pay for another ML120 Pro fan to replace a broken one since I never received a replacement on a rma.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Psycycb's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycycb View Post
there is an assumption that the problem is in the monitoring of summer residents. The latest version HWiNFO 5.88 leads also to the black screen. so the question is what utility the sensors read in iCUE? put the old version iCUE 3.4.95, for a day there was no black screen (google translate)
second day. flight is normal!
Old 10-16-2018, 03:47 PM
Kriegpig's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976674
Kriegpig Reputation: 10

I've been looking for a solution since Oct 2017. I thought it was my video card and my power supply. But, I did notice this happened around the same time my CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 died and I replaced it with a H100i V2 which recommended to use CLINK. I didn't even think that would be the problem. I'll try uninstalling CLINK when I get off work. I wanted to hop into this thread to let you know this isn't only a ASUS thing. My EVGA X79 Dark (4930K) is also black screening too.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:15 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976679
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Before you uninstall Link, try renaming CPUIDSDK.dll to something else. You'll need to close link/stop the service before you do that tho.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:06 AM

POST ID # = 976774
Rudzik Reputation: 10

iCue 3.8.91 is already simply ridiculous “Black screen -> crash iСue” if you honestly did not expect another. Once again I will try to solve my problem with Commander Pro and iCUE (three months of waiting .. my Commander Pro is already in the ad for sale) I have a Gigabyte x99 motherboard and a permanent "Black screen - crash iCUE" in all (and new) versions. It is noticed: that even after uninstalling iCUE " Black screen" remains. Only after disconnecting the Commander Pro from USB everything is normal. Rather, fixes are needed in firmware Commander Pro than in iCUE.

Last edited by Rudzik; 10-17-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:43 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976826
WhiskeyOmega Reputation: 10

Corsair's response to this problem has been nothing but slow . Took a year of me having the trouble to even acknowledge it and now theres no Corsair staff giving us any updates. Communication needs a good sort out at Corsair ever since they got bought out by Eagletree. As I already had corsair stuff I just got a T1 race chair but the support has gone from 10 to 0 in a matter months.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:15 AM
Kriegpig's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976931
Kriegpig Reputation: 10

I ran my computer for the last 36 hrs, no black screens. I changed the CPUIDSDK.DLL name, yeah CLINK didn't show any data from any of the sensors, but it "fixed" the black screens. There's definitely a communication issue/bug with CPUID and the rest of CLINK/iCUE. I'll be trying out iCUE tonight to see if it gives me the sames result as everyone else.