The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2018, 12:28 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955411
WhiskeyOmega Reputation: 10
Default Black Screening / Video Card output switching off from iCUE

Ive had this issue with Corsair software for a while and the reason I know it to be corsair software was I removed both hardware and software from the PC and didnt have an issue at all for at least 2 weeks since then.

I am now on a mission to find this issue.

I was using Corsair link due to running a H100i V1 which was too old to support iCUE. Since then I have upgraded to a H150i so I only have to run iCUE as I thought the issue remained in some sensor conflict between link and some other software.

As it turns out I didn't have an issue for 5 days with iCUE until I installed AIDA64 to look something up then all of a sudden the dreaded Black screening appears again this time only with iCUE installed. Not sure if its a coincidence though. I have uninstalled AIDA64 only for the problem to persist. Im thinking it will still persist until I remove everything corsair from the system again and reinstall.

It doesnt happen anywhere near the frequency it used to with Corsair link but ill be keeping an eye on the debug logs the next time it happens and hopefully we can smash this early on in iCUE's testing phase.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:57 PM
ChriscomIT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955571
ChriscomIT Reputation: 10

Could be an issue between iCUE and AIDA64 because iCUE has no software interlock which gives issues when using iCUE and AIDA64 at the same time. Btw did you check your ram for faults? I just recently had the same issues like you and via memtest86+ I found out that my ram produced errors (most probably OC was too high). After fixing this issue I have no problems with this anymore (iCUE and AIDA64 are still not working together but that's an iCUE issue).

Last edited by ChriscomIT; 05-22-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:44 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955582

Yea ive ran Memtest but like i said this hasnt happened when Corsair software is installed. I wonder if this goes for other software such as MSI afterburner.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:49 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955897

Just to state I uninstalled iCUE 3 days ago and havent had a black screen since.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:31 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 961047

I appear to be making progress on the corsair link/iCUE bug that causes black screens on x79/x99
Normally I come downstairs in the morning to hear my 1080ti fans going full whack knowing full well that its black screened over night but the last couple of days the fans havent kicked it resulting in worrying temps however I now have got this in the event from when the black screen occurs until the time I hard reset.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:03 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 961072
DevBiker Reputation: 88

1) Are your drivers up to date?
2) In your BIOS, is the PCIe Graphics Card set as the default device?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:53 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 961096

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
1) Are your drivers up to date?
2) In your BIOS, is the PCIe Graphics Card set as the default device?
Yes latest drivers 398.36 and I do not have another graphics card or on-board gfx since this is x79
Old 06-29-2018, 08:13 AM
Interitum Mundi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 961306
Interitum Mundi Reputation: 10

I just bought a k95 Platinum and I'm having the same issue. It's incredible that no one from Corsair is providing some information about it. I hope that I'll no forced to return the keyboard...I choose Corsair for software possibilities, but because of this bug any other keyboard is better.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:16 AM
Solitary Cynic's PC Specs

POST ID # = 961307
Solitary Cynic Reputation: 10
Exclamation Same black screen issue

After having updated to the iCue update, I, too, am experiencing this issue. It was not occurring before installing iCue and does not occur once iCue is closed/disabled.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:16 AM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 961318

Whats weird is it seems to mostly pop up on pc's with the 4930k. Ive had the issue since last July and have been waiting for iCUE. I would like Corsair to wake up and remove what they seem to be doing with the graphics card sensors. There is some extremely unsafe things happening on the background since corsair avoid the NVAPI which is confusing the sensors and causing the graphics card to crash. Honestly all they need is a X79 system with a 4930k & Nvidia 10 series gfx card setup to reproduce the problem. EU Consumer Law has already been broken on all products that require link or iCUE due to them not being to satisfactory quality.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:54 AM

POST ID # = 961351

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyOmega View Post
Whats weird is it seems to mostly pop up on pc's with the 4930k. Ive had the issue since last July and have been waiting for iCUE. I would like Corsair to wake up and remove what they seem to be doing with the graphics card sensors. There is some extremely unsafe things happening on the background since corsair avoid the NVAPI which is confusing the sensors and causing the graphics card to crash. Honestly all they need is a X79 system with a 4930k & Nvidia 10 series gfx card setup to reproduce the problem. EU Consumer Law has already been broken on all products that require link or iCUE due to them not being to satisfactory quality.
So it's been more than a year and issue is not resolved yet? If it is, I think they will note resolve the problem, so the only solution is to return my keyboard and buy nothing more from Corsair. I'm very disappointed, I was a big fan of Corsair.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:17 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 961388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interitum Mundi View Post
So it's been more than a year and issue is not resolved yet? If it is, I think they will note resolve the problem, so the only solution is to return my keyboard and buy nothing more from Corsair. I'm very disappointed, I was a big fan of Corsair.
I just want them to Acknowledge it as a known issue that they are at least trying to fix. I havent even had that.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:52 PM

POST ID # = 961403

Quote:
I just want them to Acknowledge it as a known issue that they are at least trying to fix. I havent even had that.
This is really incredible, sad, and disappointing for a brand like Corsair. But have you tried to send a ticket on their support? I send it today, but I lost almost all my hopes.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:54 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 961405
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Devbiker has alerted the dev team of this problem.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Last edited by Inheritance; 06-29-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:48 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 961414
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
I'd like to make a few comments.

1.) Thank you for reporting this issue. I was not aware of it but we will see if it can be reproduced.

2.) We have plenty of systems here with all of the latest chipsets. We also have all of the hardware you mentioned and we are not experiencing anything similar.

3.) iCUE uses the same service (but improved) as LINK to detect the DIY devices so if LINK had the issue, it may persist in iCUE *if* its related to the service.

4.) iCUE like LINK before uses CPUID SDK to detect the sensors. Whatever that we are doing is no different than anyone else who uses CPUID.

5.) I don't understand the "EU Law" comment. While I understand your frustration, lets keep it objective please.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue