Corsair Community

Planting to add more ram, suggestions needed

xjh0528

Hallo everyone, currently I'm using:

Motherboard: ASRock X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE

CPU: Intel Core i9-7960X, 3900 MHz (39 x 100)

RAM: CMT32GX4M4C3200C14

The ram is 4*8G 3200 C14 Dominator RGB and I want to buy another 4 DDR4 memory set. There is no way to buy the same batch ddr4 8*8G 3200 c14 rgb memory set so my friend suggets me buying the 3600C16 set. But I heard from a guy who worked at asrock's RD said that even buying b-die only memory with different XMP may also cause motherboard boot failure.

Which one should I buy?

1.CMT32GX4M4C3200C14,

2.CMT32GX4M4K3600C16

3.CMD32GX4M4C3200C14M.

Because of my case's design,my psu blocks the left 4 spare ram slots. So RGB is not a must.

I've always been under the assumption that having matching RAM modules in paired slots is best, so I would just buy another kit of the same RAM you already have. It may not be from the same batch but since the timings and everything are identical, and its the same part number, it should work fine.

I've always been under the assumption that having matching RAM modules in paired slots is best, so I would just buy another kit of the same RAM you already have. It may not be from the same batch but since the timings and everything are identical, and its the same part number, it should work fine.

Yeah, I see.