Corsair Community

New LL Series Fans

Zotty

My question is whether you can control them with a Commander Pro. It seems odd the product page only lists the Lighting Node Pro.

You get the option for them in the commander led control section.. along with dominator airflow platinum rgb option???????.. what arnt they telling us lol...

Yes, the LL fans work with the Commander PRO.

I am glad to hear that, but it somewhat paints the deliberate language on the product page in a strange light. I don't think anyone is careless, so that leaves something of an obvious business related motive.

They seem to have worst preformances than stock 750D fans...

No mate.. i can say for certain as i have both LL/HD/SP rgb fans and its all hear say. absolutely no difference between them for real world cooling... reviews on line and blogs etc will always conflict.

They seem to have worst preformances than stock 750D fans...

Yeah the performance specs are pretty lame. Not a good choice for radiator fans but I think OK for low resistance intake and exhaust fans. The Mag-Levs are wonderful as they offer both high air flow and high static pressure. If they could have developed a Mag-Lev fan with dual ring LEDs it would have been the best of both worlds.

I suppose there is some back story about why they had to settle for fans with rather anemic performance for the dual light loop product. Probably has something to do with their OEM suppliers. It's the current LED Bling-King but just a shame that the performance specs are limited. Customers have to decide between performance and bling. LED Bling is all the rage these days and it is a fiercely competitive market. I suspect if Corsair could have offered dual ring LEDs on a Mag-Lev platform, they would have. Perhaps in the future they will solve whatever the obstacles are.

Yeah the performance specs are pretty lame. Not a good choice for radiator fans but I think OK for low resistance intake and exhaust fans. The Mag-Levs are wonderful as they offer both high air flow and high static pressure. If they could have developed a Mag-Lev fan with dual ring LEDs it would have been the best of both worlds.

I suppose there is some back story about why they had to settle for fans with rather anemic performance for the dual light loop product. Probably has something to do with their OEM suppliers. It's the current LED Bling-King but just a shame that the performance specs are limited. Customers have to decide between performance and bling. LED Bling is all the rage these days and it is a fiercely competitive market. I suspect if Corsair could have offered dual ring LEDs on a Mag-Lev platform, they would have. Perhaps in the future they will solve whatever the obstacles are.

I think it may also have to do with selling less capable parts at inflated prices first before suddenly announcing the fans people really want at butt clenching prices (can’t blame a business for making the most out of an idea). Upgrading with each release must be costly for the fan boys (pun intended).

The controllers could do with consolidating to cut down on cable clutter and present itself as a solution with a bit more finesse.

Mag lev variants prettied up like the LL series would see me throwing caution to the wind and my wallet at Corsair :D:

Best

Wulf

• Corsair Employee

Engineering an ML version of LL or even HD would be a tremendous undertaking. There are unique aspects to the Magnetic Levitation bearing, coupled with the precision of the ML fans in general, that makes that very difficult.

Now that being said, at least putting four RGB LEDs in the hub of an ML fan might be feasible. I wonder if anyone would be interested in something like that.

Engineering an ML version of LL or even HD would be a tremendous undertaking. There are unique aspects to the Magnetic Levitation bearing, coupled with the precision of the ML fans in general, that makes that very difficult.

Now that being said, at least putting four RGB LEDs in the hub of an ML fan might be feasible. I wonder if anyone would be interested in something like that.

God dammit Dustin, my wallet is in my hand and I’m taking aim at Corsair :D:

Form and function, now that is enticing.

Best

Wulf:biggrin:

It's just too bad that to fill your case with these as seen in the demo video and promotional material, it costs even more than the case you put them in.

as does the Ram/Cpu/Gfx/mobo, the Case has always been a cheaper part of a build.

you get what you pay for and the offerings from other manufacturers don't even compare when it comes to RGB goodness :)

get on the Happy Bus buddy :)

any ways.. suggestion.. hope You are paying attention Corsair.. we NEED an 'Exhaust' version of this fan.. and judging by the general opinion across a few forums/boards... it's a universal need!. this is quite a critical situation :D::D::D:

There are unique aspects to the Magnetic Levitation bearing, coupled with the precision of the ML fans in general, that makes that very difficult.

"Coupled with the precision of the MLS fans" So the precision of the ML fans prevents you from adding LEDs? Can you elaborate on that please?

• Corsair Employee

Certainly.

So one of the biggest factors regarding static pressure for fans is the distance between the fan blades and the outer housing. Fan rotors have to be designed with a certain margin for error so that you don't run into the fans scraping the housing.

The ML fans are extremely precise in their design to maximize static pressure, and the hub of the ML fans is a little larger than typical fan hubs to incorporate the magnetic levitation bearing.

It's not a simple matter of just dumping LEDs into the hub (also, RGB LEDs are typically larger than regular single-color LEDs) or adding an LED ring to the frame.

Archived