Corsair Community

Corsair k70 lighting

AZNDKflush

Hello guys, I just bought a corsair k70, and I want to know what the bios is for :D! also, how do i change the Lightning like, I only want X to light up, but on my keyboard, only "WASD and 123456" is lighting up, how do i change that? im new to this.

I have the newest corsair k70 (i think, cause the seller told me) Corsair k70 MX Cherry red. But the Lightning is blue.

No, if by default the keyboard you have has blue lighting I think you have the old K70 non-RGB. Which does not have any software control or macro support.

Could you check the Product SKU code and post it here? This way we can be sure which one you actually have.

As for the BIOS option, it is used with old/legacy motherboards that have troubles with newer keyboards and can't detect properly the pressed keys to enter the BIOS. When you put the keyboard in BIOS mode all advanced functions are disabled (like anti-ghosting) and the SCROLL LOCK light will start blinking to remind you BIOS mode is active.

@Technobeard: Ah great, thanks for the info ::pirate::

@AZNDKflush: you indeed have the (old) non-RGB version of the K70, I never used one so I'm not sure how to edit the lighting. I think it can be done with some specific keys but as I said I don't know which ones. The keyboard does not have any software/macro/effects support either, unlike the new RGB ones with CUE (which I know how to use).

Hopefully someone else can help ;):

anyway, thanks for the help but i have a question. it says

兼容性与系统要求

高功率 USB 2.0 端口 (+500mA) 电脑

Windows 8、Windows 7、Windows Vista 或 Windows XP (i dont know why its chinese on athe website) but on the package it says

MINIMUM REQUIREMENT; WINDOWS 10, and so on. can it be that i have the new one or is it just a fail?

No, that's not possible. If they ever update the hardware usually they change the product code too (the one I asked for above). If not it would become impossible to track what kind of product the user has when he opens a support ticket and so on.

Also the K70 non-RGB does NOT have any software or driver to install for it to work, so there is really no reason to restrict it to Win 10 only. I would understand a windows min imum version requirement only for RGB keyboards, those specifically require Windows 7+ because of some DLL files needed by the CUE software.

Archived