Corsair Community

Supplies and radiated noise

4Me2Know

This is a hypothetical question regarding power supplies and radiated noise.

Imagine for a moment I am a radio enthusiast and someone, let's say a close neighbour has a Corsair PSU, I don't know let's pick AX1200i for example.

Imagine hat PSU is either faulty or the design is so bad that it radiates noise across a wide frequency range.

In this obviously ridiculous scenario how would I go about contacting someone technical off-forum with other hypothetical details.

Thanks for any advice

Stu

I would go to http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/

I am not a radio enthusiast, though I think a properly grounded PSU encased in metal, inside of a metal computer case would help attenuate the signal where it shouldn't be an issue for someone that lives in a house next to you. I have seen issues with wifi signals being impacted by noise from a Heat Pump, though moving my PC a few feet over helped fix the issue.

I was a bit too obscure I'll try again...

A youtuber lives close by and from published build videos I can see the PSU that is causing the issue. If I get too specific I'll give away that persons address as I have an online SDR radio which does give some location info.

Ideally what I'm after is someone to listen to my online radio at a time when the issue is on and say if they think the level of noise is likely to be from a PSU in working condition or one that has blown it's filtering or otherwise faulty. There is also noise graphs from my radios online but again that link would give away location.

The scale of the noise is from about 5db at 4MHz to over 20db up at 24MHz.

I've spend many months and quite a bit of money reducing the noise pickup but everything has a limit when the device is like an arc welder.

I have contacted the regulatory authority in the UK but as I'm not curently doing two two way radio comms they won't help. I will do that if needed but I was just trying to save going the regulatory route for what is probably a faulty device.

As this person's channel is very pro Corsair (sponsored maybe) I chose to mention it on here, if the device was swapped out or bought into compliance the issue goes away.