The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2020, 09:46 PM

POST ID # = 1031513
TrueZero_ Reputation: 10

I've had the Virtuoso's for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I've noticed that the right ear cup has began to become a little loose. When I unboxed the headset I noticed the stiff rotation of the ear cups which were great for holding the shape of my head and a feature I enjoyed. But it appears the right ear cup's swivel has become much more loose compared to the left. Any ideas on how to tighten it or any ideas on what I should do?

Last edited by TrueZero_; 01-15-2020 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Grammer edits

Old 01-16-2020, 12:59 PM

POST ID # = 1031594
jpdsc Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueZero_ View Post
I've had the Virtuoso's for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I've noticed that the right ear cup has began to become a little loose. When I unboxed the headset I noticed the stiff rotation of the ear cups which were great for holding the shape of my head and a feature I enjoyed. But it appears the right ear cup's swivel has become much more loose compared to the left. Any ideas on how to tighten it or any ideas on what I should do?
Contact support ;-)

Old 01-17-2020, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Gamer
Joshua1845's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1031729
Joshua1845 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueZero_ View Post
have you tried taking toe ear cup off (there detachable) and putting it back on tight

Old 01-17-2020, 11:26 PM

POST ID # = 1031797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1845 View Post
have you tried taking toe ear cup off (there detachable) and putting it back on tight
No but I might try that now. Thanks for the advice =)

Edit: The issue mainly lies above with the 180° swivel. When you rotate the ear cups 90° you can see screws and I think they might help but I'm unsure if its a good idea to do that or if they even relate to the rotation

Last edited by TrueZero_; 01-17-2020 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Update

Old 01-18-2020, 12:18 AM

POST ID # = 1031803
Default Update

Okay So I've done a bit of looking around in the headset. It seems that there aren't any actual screws that tighten the swivel but only ones that hold the headset in shape.
These are a few images I took of the area but it doesn't look like I can do much to tighten it (Also apologies for poor photo quality. It was from a gen 6 ipod lol) https://imgur.com/a/YJygRNQ

Last edited by TrueZero_; 01-18-2020 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Grammer

Old 01-19-2020, 12:13 PM

POST ID # = 1031948

Looks like the Dongle update: 0.17.149 fixed the issue where if you join a communication client (TS, Discord and Skype) which the HS is off, it will not give any microphone input until you either re-open the communication client or disable > enable the sound device.

Anyone else experienced the fix?

Old 01-20-2020, 03:02 PM

POST ID # = 1032119
CedricTruck30 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Virtuoso SE

My headset died yesterday, when i plug it in with the USB C cable it just flashes all the LEDs in the headset red and it makes a constant beeping noise.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:11 PM

POST ID # = 1032678

First post updated. Some issues resolved. Looks like Corsair is looking carefully at the feedback and fixing the issues! Good job!

Old 02-03-2020, 08:38 AM
Alpha_Knugen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1033740
Alpha_Knugen Reputation: 10

I have the problem with the crackling sound and that the dongle doesnt stay lit so only way to fix it is to restart the headset. Its been happening to me while im on youtube, netflix, world of warcraft, warcraft 3, minecraft and every other game i have tried since the problem started.
it can go from 5 minutes to 2 hours before it happens and its so annoying as all sounds makes your ears bleed.

I have had the headset for maybe 2 months soon and thats the only serious problem i have had. actually thinking of returning it as i cant find a fix for it.
Otherwise a really good looking and comfy headset. would probably switch it for the void if the void had USB C as charging Cable.

Edit: Should also mention that i have "MSI Z390 MEG ACE" as motherboard and win10 proffesional. I have corsair 1000D case and i have tried every single usb port on the case and the motherboard. i have tried updating software and unistalling it and reinstalling it and Many many reboots.

Last edited by Alpha_Knugen; 02-03-2020 at 08:55 AM. Reason: added more info

Old 02-04-2020, 10:21 PM

POST ID # = 1033898
ZeroSkylineX Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBhamm View Post
DUDE thats not a new way... thats the way you stole under his youtube video. he is member of this forum lol :P we posted this workaround a few times now :P you answered my comment under his video BTW.
I'm actually going to re-write this in a grammatically correct format:

1. Open iCue and disable "Start on system start up", then exit iCue.

2. With your Corsair headset plugged in, Open Device Manager > Audio input and outputs> Right click your Corsair headset > Properties > Uninstall Device. Next go to Sound, video and game controllers > Right click your Corsair headset > Uninstall device

3. Open Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Right click your Corsair headset > Remove device

4. Reboot your computer and unplug your Corsair headset. To automatically install the driver, plug in your Corsair headset via USB. If that doesn't work, redo steps 2 and 3 and right click "Scan for changed devices" in Device Manager to manually reinstall the driver.

6. Replug in your Corsair headset via USB and open the Dolby Access app to set up your headset under "Products".

7. Left click the sound icon on the task bar and select your Corsair headset. Then right click the icon > Spatial sound > Enable Dolby Atmos for headphones if not already enabled

8. Open iCue, disable 7.1 surround on your Corsair headset (to not conflict with Dolby Atmos) and re-enable "Start on system start up".

This got Dolby Atmos working for my Corsair Virtuoso SE.

Last edited by ZeroSkylineX; 02-04-2020 at 10:27 PM.

Old 02-07-2020, 05:37 PM
Shikky's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034297
Shikky Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodHand14 View Post
Hi Corsair,

I've had my Virtuoso RGB Wireless headphones for about a week now and I've been having some weird issues.

The main problem has been that it seems like every other time I boot up my PC my headset won't connect to the wireless dongle. I turn on my PC and the dongle light flashes red. My first thought was that the battery was low so I plugged it up via USB-C to USB to my PC and there was no reaction. No lights or anything that indicated that it was charging or that it was getting power. I tried different ports on my PC, different cables, even tried plugging it into the outlet I use to charge my phone. Still nothing.

What ends up happening is in iCUE I go to the headset (which shows unavailable) and I try the "USB Wireless Receiver Pairing" option about 10-15 times and eventually, by some type of magic it seems, the headset finally lights up and connects to the dongle. I'm not sure what the issue is. The first time this happened the battery was about medium life (according to the gauge in the system taskbar) and the second time I left them charging connected to my PC while I got some work done, I go to use them and the same thing happens. Only this time they connect and the battery is critical somehow. And I just went through this a third time today.

Any ideas as to what could be happening? I love this headset but this is a very annoying 30 min process to go through every other time I want to use them. Thanks in advance.
I have had a similar problem, where as I went to use the headset one day and the dongle and headset were disconnected. Ive tried restarting my pc, updating iCue, and repairing the transmitter with the headset, even plugging both headset usb cable and transmitter into different usb ports, I have not been able to get them to reconnect. Is there something I can do?

Old 02-08-2020, 05:27 AM

POST ID # = 1034343
PhaseBeast Reputation: 10
Default Day Two Issues

A couple weird things I've noticed so far.

- Virtuoso SE freezes peripheral controls when switching from wireless to USB mode

- With standby enabled, headset turns off when in gaming applications, (so far tested in Dark Souls III, Dead Cells, Divinity II Original Sin)

- Switching modes while in game applications (USB to Wireless and vice versa) completely kills sound in the application. Have to restart application in order to get the sound back.

- External port on the Corsair K70 M2 Keyboard briefly couldn't identify both USB cable into PC and Dongle plugged into cable at the same time.

At any given time, I have no idea how wireless and USB mode will interact. I feel like this needs to be addressed and made significantly more seamless. So far it's day two, I remember some big issues with the void headset when it was released. Hopefully this will be addressed sooner than later.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:08 PM

POST ID # = 1034654

Answeres below

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseBeast View Post
A couple weird things I've noticed so far.

- Virtuoso SE freezes peripheral controls when switching from wireless to USB mode
Same here, doesn't seem like a bug, when you switch from Wireless to Wired make sure you aren't gaming or doing anything sound related as it will remove the hardware and re-add a different hardware

- With standby enabled, headset turns off when in gaming applications, (so far tested in Dark Souls III, Dead Cells, Divinity II Original Sin)
Move your head more often or raise the standby time in iCUE

- Switching modes while in game applications (USB to Wireless and vice versa) completely kills sound in the application. Have to restart application in order to get the sound back.
Could it be due to the default audio output? I would advise to disable anything you don't use.
The Virtuoso uses 2 different hardware names for Wireless and USB

- External port on the Corsair K70 M2 Keyboard briefly couldn't identify both USB cable into PC and Dongle plugged into cable at the same time.
Not enough power maybe? I haven't tried this tho.

At any given time, I have no idea how wireless and USB mode will interact. I feel like this needs to be addressed and made significantly more seamless. So far it's day two, I remember some big issues with the void headset when it was released. Hopefully this will be addressed sooner than later.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:16 AM

POST ID # = 1034729

Update main thread.

Corsair released an update to iCUE which allows the use of Microsoft Spatial sound. More info here: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=193831
Which also fixed 2 open issues where users weren't happy with the Corsair own surround sound.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:16 PM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035156
KBhamm Reputation: 10

"iCUE now supports Windows Spatial Sound so users can enable their own audio surround sound solutions."

<3 my suggestion was heard. So dolby atmos might be possible. have to try.