Corsair Community

Setting HD fans to % instead of rpm?

WillYo

Hi,

Title says it all.

I've built a setup with 5 HD fans on the case and can't find how to control them by percentage instead of RPM. Is this even possible?

Why the RPM scale is up to 4000RPM when my fans maximum is ~1850??

y4mgfFN8_MEI_x1OIrzl-5odm_TExYVHaFL6SQfNZ09wupClVq4OE2OAcEGOuYG0KRWLup--fhDsEbgf9Eat1eGWSNM3LS0duOHh4gvCla2cbOaOpckPWY4WYgJ7BtC2L8s_uwOEXa52R9bavKVG4kHh8-sRZ_wj-k4c9GMvTppHhLfXsoNq_mmw1Jbv3-ygyJPJhYOCF4jWLXZCsEzjKiBdg?width=557&height=503&cropmode=none

You cannot use percentages.

You must use RPM, this is a limitation from Corsair.

Basically map your minimum RPM and maximum RPM using the percentage mode instead of custom (only if using 3-pins fans, with RPM fans your minimum will be 300 RPM) and apply a percentage to the RPM values.

That's one of my personal pet peeves. Drives me nuts.

Apparently it's due to how the hardware on the Commander Pro works.

I'd really like, at least, the ability to "tell" Link what the max value should be on the chart. I set the fans to 100%, see what the speed is, set my top value and then work my way back on the fan curve from there. It's painful.

I'd like, even more, if Link actually tested the fan speeds (at least the max) and then translated percentages into RPMs.

oh yes. link needs more love here. more options for setting the fans, the curves etc. i would like to set some fans to zero if certain conditions are met.

You can do that based on a single temperature - as part of your custom fan curve - with Commander Pro. I have one of mine set that way.

Rumor has it that it'll be a feature in the new PRO line of coolers too. But that's a rumor that I read on the Interwebs so ...

Archived