Corsair Community

Commander Mini/Corsair Link unable to set fan speed

cakesson

Everything shows up. Info on they Corsair H100i is there.

Clicking on a fan and setting the mode to "Quiet" or "Performance" does nothing.

Right clicking in the system tray and setting all fans to "quiet" or "performance" also does nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this would be?

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue?

The consensus around the forum seems to be that the Corsair Link "has issues". Just wait for an update to the software?

Thanks for any pointers or ideas.

/Christian

There are some users that's having issues with the Mini which is caused by the users build vitals and such and can be a bit complex to narrow down ,however there's updated software that will address these issues that's in its final testing so its release really shouldn't be very long from now...

There are many users that's having issues with the Mini which is caused by the poor testing by Corsair. For example the 1.1.05 firmware totally failed to report the temperature sensors, CL 2.7 only reporting 1 of my 4 GPUs and CL 2.7 seems incapable of reporting > 1 of my 3 x CL Mini. When I reported a few issues and just got excuses (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135091).

Other programs such as HWINFO (http://www.hwinfo.com/) and my SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility often work better than CL, further HWiNFO and SIV correctly interlock access to the CL hardware and can both be active at the same time reporting the CL hardware as they correctly use a mutex to interlock access. Corsair have thus far given no indication if CL V3 will use this mutex and I have my doubts about the requests to add this being heard.

CL V3 may work better, time will tell. I advice you to take any post that implies CL V3 will fix everything with a pinch of salt!

Have a read of http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120092 and draw your own conclusions about their motives and technical understanding.

To my thinking there are far too many posts effectively saying "keep trying different releases of CL and different USB connections 'till you find one that works" rather than actually diagnosing the issue and fixing it. Others state opinions as facts with no justifications.

No one said it will fix everything;): ,all software has its own issues

I have to think if a Mini users has issues then their sure to seek help here and adding all the issues here are but a small fraction of total number sold.

Take the original Link Commander that was Eol'd,theres still being used,in fact Im running one in my new 4930 build along side an Aquaero 6 ,

its unfortunate that some have problems but at least these issues are being heard.

Considering that I got the Corsair Commander Mini to handle cooling and my fan speeds, it's really annoying that the only thing NOT working is the regulating of the fan speed.

I guess I will give it a few weeks and if Corsair can't get their act together I will abandon the Commander Mini and CL and just go with Asus AI with everything plugged into the motherboard.... ($70 + $ for LED kit down the drain).

By chance did you already have the H100i installed then you installed the Commander Mini?

If you did you will have to uninstall the corsair link software delete all profiles and reinstall corsair link latest version or try 2.5.411. For some odd reason in my experience it does not like when hardware in installed after the software.

By chance did you already have the H100i installed then you installed the Commander Mini?

If you did you will have to uninstall the corsair link software delete all profiles and reinstall corsair link latest version or try 2.5.411. For some odd reason in my experience it does not like when hardware in installed after the software.

Since this was a brand new build, I plugged all the hardware up, booted and then installed corsair link.

That is the proper way to go about it right?

I may try to do a wipe and re-install to see if the planets align differently :D:

Since this was a brand new build, I plugged all the hardware up, booted and then installed corsair link.

That is the proper way to go about it right?

I may try to do a wipe and re-install to see if the planets align differently :D:

How is everything connected?

Take note if you connect both the Commander mini and the H100i to the USB headers at the same time things can go crazy. The best path I have found is to connect the Commander Mini to the USB header then connect all other Link devices to the commander using the link cables.

How is everything connected?

Take note if you connect both the Commander mini and the H100i to the USB headers at the same time things can go crazy. The best path I have found is to connect the Commander Mini to the USB header then connect all other Link devices to the commander using the link cables.

Yepp, that's the way I have it connected. Commander Mini to USB header and small link cable from H100i to Mini's link input.

This is going to sound asinine, but does rebooting solve the problem or is it basically that every cold boot, the CL software won't control the fans?

Hi Dustin,

Rebooting does not fix the issue. Every time I boot up now, I try to control the fans from system tray and from within the Corsair Link software with no success.

Tonight when I get home from work, I will try to do a full uninstall/re install to see if anything changes.

Just got my Mini Commander today and having the same issue. It worked for the half hour or so now it won't change any fan speeds. Corsair link won't change mobo fan speeds either or detect my pump speed plugged into CPU header!

Using SP120 PWM editions

Tried uninstall then re-install and also changing USB header on mobo.

Whoa! (a la Keanu Reeves!).

Last night I uninstalled Link and nuked the profile. Since this is a new build, I downloaded and installed all the latest drivers from the Asus site (LAN, Sound, USB etc etc). After rebooting, I re installed Link.

I immediately tried throttling the fans via the system tray and it worked! I thought that it may bork after a reboot, but it did not. I now have a much quieter machine (the fans were previously at full bore). Looks like the Commander Mini is in business.

Just got my Mini Commander today and having the same issue. It worked for the half hour or so now it won't change any fan speeds. Corsair link won't change mobo fan speeds either or detect my pump speed plugged into CPU header!

Using SP120 PWM editions

Tried uninstall then re-install and also changing USB header on mobo.

That is exactly how my issues began. Was running nice and quiet for a session then after a reboot, the fans were at full bore and not responsive to me setting them in system tray or in the GUI....

If you read how mine got fixed, it is possible I guess that the USB driver install could have influenced the outcome (vs running the generic MS USB driver). Go to your mobo manufacturer and download the specific driver to your mobo, uninstall Link and delete the profile in Roaming Data. Install drivers, reboot and re-install....

Archived