Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Mini and H100i connection problem

DaScorpi0n

I recieved my Commander Mini yesterday. Plugged it in and updated it all. It worked fine after posting a thread here yesterday and finding a solution to my problem. But now I have a new problem. My H100i doesnt show its icons up in Corsair Link but it says its connected to the Commander Mini.

Do I need to have my H100i connected to the internal USB connection on the mobo aswell as my Commander Mini? I do have one spare USB socket avaliable. I have the H100i connected to the Commander Mini via a Corsair Link Cable. I have checked the cable to make sure its connected. The Commander Mini also has a Green LED so its working fine.

I managed to fix my previous problem yesterday of my LED strip not changing colors. Thats still working great, but im getting fustrated with Corsair Link now...

d7550b0603.thumb.jpg.fcd1aea4c835845824c2e9fdfb473723.jpg

97673a6f4f.thumb.jpg.274df765b98dc616cd1a88aa17c7e128.jpg

86e2639b3f.thumb.png.f9d588619723f7db8fda1c80d76ad0ae.png

It could be either the CL hardware of CL software causing the issue, but there is currently no way I can tell.

If you exit CL and run SIV what do the [uSB Bus] and [Link Status] panels report? What happens if you plug the 4 temperature sensors into the CL mini? If SIV reports the H100i then it's the CL software and maybe the upcoming V3 release will work.

The H100i should be connected to the CL Mini or a USB header, but never both.

I have my H100i connected to a CL Mini and sometimes CL reports it and other times it doesn't. If I delete the CL profile and create a new one that usually gets it back. SIV reports it 100% of the time.

BTW For SIV to work as designed you need to extract the files from the .ZIP file into a folder and run SIV64X.exe from that folder. From the [Link Devices] page I suspect you are running it from the .ZIP file. It should report Corsair Integrated USB Bridge so I expect SIV can't find USBDEVS.txt. The [uSB Bus] panel confirms this.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20617&d=1421798012

It's the CL software. Exit SIV and try starting and exiting CL a few times. This often get's the H100i back for me.

What do you need to use CL for? If you start SIV using the command SIV64X.exe -CRLCTL it will report the H100i, [Link Fans] will control the fans and [Link Lights] your LEDs. The latest Beta release of HWiNFO will also report your H100i, but as yet Martin has not added any CL control options. Both SIV and HWiNFO can report the CL hardware at the same time as they correctly interlock access using the Global\Access_CorsairLink mutex.

The latest SIV 4.52 Beta-06 or later will also report your RM650 if you connect it with a Corsair RM-Series C-Link Adapter.

It's the CL software. Exit SIV and try starting and exiting CL a few times. This often get's the H100i back for me.

What do you need to use CL for? If you start SIV using the command SIV64X.exe -CRLCTL it will report the H100i, [Link Fans] will control the fans and [Link Lights] your LEDs.

Yeah after seeing what SIV can do im really impressed! I just need to change the color of my Corsair logo. Its currently blue in a red and black build.

Edit: I just found out you can do it in SIV. This is amazing! Tells me so much! Thank you red-ray :D

I am happy to hear you find SIV amazing! After writing the CL code I find it hard to believe how flaky CL is. It's not just the CL software, the CL Mini firmware also has issues and custom points will only work using temperature sensor 4 which is a total PITA! The older Cooling Nodes don't have this bug.

Archived