Corsair Community

Link or not to Link?

Sixuno

So here's the deal.

I already purchased the Air 540 and H100I.

I was interested in running the link setup, but I'm seeing a lot of negativity after a quick search here on the forums.

Is it worthwhile to running Link with Windows 8.1? What issues may I encounter?

So here's the deal.

I already purchased the Air 540 and H100I.

I was interested in running the link setup, but I'm seeing a lot of negativity after a quick search here on the forums.

Is it worthwhile to running Link with Windows 8.1? What issues may I encounter?

Good question, being a new H100i owner myself - just put it on a new build this week - I am beginning to wonder if I shouldn't just hook it up to the fan controller in my Phantom 820 Case.

One reason I went with the H100i was the Link software looked pretty cool on a couple of review videos I saw. I like that one can create a profile for the fans speeds. But really the H100i is all I want to monitor and control with the Link software, my other fans are connected to the case fan controller.

I have not got to even mess with the Link software yet, as the H100i would not even show up for me in Windows 8.1

Yeah based on what I have read so far in the discussion forum for it, I am going to definitely take a pass on trying the beta.

To quote an old Marine saying, "No guts, no air medals!"

Version 2.5.5145 installed yesterday without incident on one of my Windows 8.1 Systems. Just perking along, with more bells and whistles than 2.4.5110. Nice smooth CPU temp readings for curve control.

Consider this. If nobody tried it, there would be no Beta testing.

RodeoGeorge

Difficult question, I have link (commander, cooling node and 2x lighting nodes with AX860I and H100I) and on Windows 7 Ultimate it has some bugs but pretty much works as advertised).

However:

You still cannot buy extra LED strips for the lighting Controller (OK you can make your own from other components)

The cooling node has been discontinued for a while, At first I thought it was the work up to an announcement of Cooling Node 2!, but apparently not. No information has been forthcoming since, so if I wanted to add more fans to my system unless I pay out for another commander (useless to me) as well there is no upgrade path.

Is it a great concept - Yes

Does it mostly work on Windows 7 - Yes

What are the next bugs to be fixed - I don't think Corsair know, if so they are not telling.

Is it supported by Corsair - a bit

Do I trust them to still support it in a year - I have no Idea.

So having all this stuff laying around in newegg boxes was killing me.

Decided to go for it.

Air 540

H100i

990FXA-UD7

FX-9370 4.7ghz

32 gigs of G.skill

R9 270x gigabyte

Mushkin 800 watt power supply (from old system)

2ea 120gig Kingston SSD's

With a clean install of windows 8.1, catalyst drivers, and the beta for link.

I think it's all working. of course I don't have a base line to compare it too.

Now I'm trying to figure out what all the different temps are.

http://s17.postimg.org/yrns107kf/link.png

i know how you feel there,i have every component for my build except for the asus m/b and 32 gig dominator memory and the waiting is pure torture...:D:

I can certainly relate, I started buying the components for my new EVFA X-79 Dark build back in latter part of Sept, and for the last 3-4 weeks had them all sitting here by my next still in the boxes.

I started vacation last Monday, so finally got them opened up and all assembled last week.

Archived