Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

How can this issue still be ignored after all this time?

Unbelievable..

Version after version this still happens. Even when I startup by computer and a get back after a few minutes I hear the fans all ramped up in idle.. have to restart corsair service..

Is this a issue with the USB Driver (Asetek) hence the Corsair team's inability to fix this?!

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, iCue.

I got a new mouse recently, won't work properly without iCue.

iCue wants to control my H115i and Commander Pro.

Corsair.Service.exe

My question (that has probably been covered but 21 pages yo), is there a way to relinquish iCue's death grip over my system so that Link 4 can resume control, whilst still running iCue for the mouse functionality?

I bought a Corsair Scimitar to replace a dead M95, but without iCue installed, thumb button input cancels any MB1/2 hold, pretty useless.

I'm pretty heavily invested in Corsair with the AIO and fan controller, so iCue is really shafting me.

Sadly , this corsair gear is worthless without the software. And sadly the software is worthless too.

What good is it to buy corsair gear then ?

To have gimmicks that can't work without creating a ton of problems caused by software ?

When will corsair admit that writing software is out of their league.

Edited by cplifj

So, iCue.

I got a new mouse recently, won't work properly without iCue.

iCue wants to control my H115i and Commander Pro.

Corsair.Service.exe

My question (that has probably been covered but 21 pages yo), is there a way to relinquish iCue's death grip over my system so that Link 4 can resume control, whilst still running iCue for the mouse functionality?

You could find a copy of CUE 2.24.50. 3rd party web hosting sites still have it. This was the last version of CUE 2 before iCUE (CUE 3) replaced both Link and CUE 2. iCUE is the merger of the two programs. Many people complained about having to run multiple programs. Now there is one program and people want individual programs for each device? You don't need Link at all in your current set-up. So what is the issue?

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this is being discussed somewhere but I haven't seen it.

Long story short, CorsairService seems to just get stuck and stop updating iCUE. Not only do the graphs on the dashboard and "Space" stop updating and become flat, changing fan speeds and colours no longer work either. The service is essentially dead.

I've attached two screenshots that show the problem. Note how every graph is completely flat in the first picture. Nothing updates including temperatures. Note the second screenshot where the data starts changing again. The second screenshot is roughly 30 seconds after I restart CorsairService. At some point in the next 10 minutes or so it will once again stop reporting.

My solution to prevent overheating is to keep my fans at max speed until this is resolved, but that is quite loud.

I have to say, if it weren't for this particular problem I am having I would say I really like what you have done with iCUE. I never really liked Corsair Link (useful but a bit clunky and for some reason refused to go on my 3rd monitor). One unified software package for this stuff is just a great idea, but unfortunately the risk of overheating is too great and I hope we can resolve this.

I was thinking about performing a reinstall but I figured I'd post first and see if anyone had a comment. I have restarted my computer and have experienced this issue for two days.

SAME PROBLEM HERE, STEEL DIVISION 2 & FORTNITE ARE THE WORST FOR iCUE!

Service_Error.log

So what is the issue?

The issue is iCue ceasing to monitor and adjust the H115i, and case fans.

I was unaware CUE 2.24.50 would do that for me. Thanks for the lead, I'm right on it.

After installing CUE 2.24.50 my mouse works correctly, and with Link 4, the cooling aspect of my system no longer hangs requiring a restart of corsair.services.exe

I misunderstood " You don't need Link at all in your current set-up", I now see it meant whilest using iCUE.

Anyway problem solved, two working programmes now instead of one broken program.

Edited by Mongo_Bongo

The issue is iCue ceasing to monitor and adjust the H115i, and case fans.

I was unaware CUE 2.24.50 would do that for me. Thanks for the lead, I'm right on it.

After installing CUE 2.24.50 my mouse works correctly, and with Link 4, the cooling aspect of my system no longer hangs requiring a restart of corsair.services.exe

I misunderstood " You don't need Link at all in your current set-up", I now see it meant whilest using iCUE.

Anyway problem solved, two working programmes now instead of one broken program.

Done the same thing with my H80iV2 and Voids, best idea!

Thanks mate.

Fan Curve and headset are working wonderfully!

Done the same thing with my H80iV2 and Voids, best idea!

Thanks mate.

Fan Curve and headset are working wonderfully!

No problem my dude, glad my solution worked for you also.

It looks like until Corsair fix this, IF they ever do (this thread is a over a year old now), Link4 is the ONLY way to run Corsair cooling products, because iCUE is a catastrophic failure in that aspect.

I have bought Corsair parts since I started building some 10 years ago. After this experience I can say that with certainty, I will not be buying any Corsair cooling products in the future. It is not worth the hassel or risk of the software that controls it.

@Corsair, it's been almost three months since any update.

The last comment was Greybeard "Again, sorry guys for not keeping you in the loop. I'll keep you guys posted as updates come along."

No updates, no reasonable solution, not even a progress report.

Are your customers a joke too you, or do you just no longer care?

The fact that you have our money doesn't really give you an incentive to work on this problem.

This problem really needs to stop being swept under the rug.

Hey guys, I apologize for the lack of update from us with regards to this issue. I don't blame you guys for being frustrated, I totally understand where you're coming from. I went through the thread and it seems like this freezing issue is pretty consistent from system configuration to another, so I don't think it's platform dependent due to various system configs that I've seen on this thread. I do remember a number of users reported this issue a few months back, so we then logged it and made our software team aware that we're seeing this freezing issue in the field. And so I thought the new iCUE release would have addressed this issue by now, apparently that's not the case.

So just a heads up, about two weeks ago, Tech Support has set this issue to high priority for the software team to look at and have it evaluated to see what's triggering the system to freeze. I've asked both tech support and software team to provide us an update once they've all sorted out the root cause, and potentially a permanent solution, which I am really hoping for.

Again, sorry guys for not keeping you in the loop. I'll keep you guys posted as updates come along.

And then? And then? And then?

It's been 113 days since this official Corsair post. I'd be more embarrassed if I worked at an American company who ghosted their customers this bad.

I've got an H80i V2 on the way and these iCUE bugs look absolutely ridiculous. It's clear software overreach: a 1990s company trying to "innovate" in 2020...and it shows. 113 days since the last company response on a major thread...with customers putting in their time & effort to explain your own bugs back to you.

Bleh. If I can't set AIO fan speeds without iCUE bloat, this junk is headed straight back and I'll be sure to leave negative reviews everywhere, with a link directly to this thread.

Everyone: if you bought anything Corsair iCUE-enabled and are now returning / selling / trashing it, make sure you write a negative review and link back to this thread.

These companies cannot charge these prices with this third-world support. Take the stand that Corsair prays you won't do: write the negative review. Hold them accountable. You can be sure Corsair won't ever tell you about these iCUE bugs in their next press release or product info page, so we gotta do it for them. :)

Edited by ikjadoon

this software is a plague.

SO i sold my h100i v2 and kep only my strafe keyboard , harpoon mouse and LED strips.

I am not getting the "dashbaordfreeze" anymore BUT the usb disconnect sound is there, the side buttons of the mouse randomly stops working... i need either to REpair icue, restart my pc OR unplug and plug the devices back.

PS: if i close icue the side mosue buittons will work again but then i ll lose my lighting profile.

This is getting ridiciulous.

The latest update didnt do a thing.

It's been 113 days since this official Corsair post. I'd be more embarrassed if I worked at an American company who ghosted their customers this bad.

I've got an H80i V2 on the way and these iCUE bugs look absolutely ridiculous. It's clear software overreach: a 1990s company trying to "innovate" in 2020...and it shows. 113 days since the last company response on a major thread...with customers putting in their time & effort to explain your own bugs back to you.

Bleh. If I can't set AIO fan speeds without iCUE bloat, this junk is headed straight back and I'll be sure to leave negative reviews everywhere, with a link directly to this thread.

Everyone: if you bought anything Corsair iCUE-enabled and are now returning / selling / trashing it, make sure you write a negative review and link back to this thread.

These companies cannot charge these prices with this third-world support. Take the stand that Corsair prays you won't do: write the negative review. Hold them accountable. You can be sure Corsair won't ever tell you about these iCUE bugs in their next press release or product info page, so we gotta do it for them. :)

Yup. Everywhere I can I am going to leave a negative review for Corsair products. I want to dissuade as many people from buying anything that relies on iCue. Hopefully Corsair will get this crap sorted.

Am definitely not buying Corsair products again. Was planning on buying a new case, AIO and coolers but will avoid Corsair from now on. My uncle recommended corsair about 12 years ago and said they were a good company. Hate to break him the news as he was planning on upgrading too.

Forgot to add that the 3.18.77 update has not fixed the problem as I just had it 30 seconds ago. Temp was frozen at 29.8C, restarted it and it jumped to 38C. Fans didn't speed up because the temp was frozen.

Edited by parrote3

I experience this issue as well. I notice it when the colour changes from the selected red to white. Restarting the Corsair service fixes it.

H100i v2

Edit: Actually the colour might not always change to white. I think I will go back to SIV.

Edited by MaCk0y

Anyone with legal experience wanna try and help us form a class action suit? this seems like the type of thing there should be legal repercussions for. I've had a broken product for 9 months and the fact I have no recourse other than to leave a negative review (that they probably won't even care about at this point) really leaves me feeling powerless. I wrote a negative review within about a month or so of buying my H100i Platinum and I'm still feeling pretty powerless.

Unbelievable.

It's that time again... time to start pricing out components for a new PC build.

My last build was all Corsair products because I thought just how neat it would be to have my pump, gpu, led, & fan controller all controlled together!

WRONG

It's not neat. And the fact that they haven't even offered us a single solution that works.. other then "reset the service" -- is total BS.

After a fresh restart, fans running on the curves, temp readings flowing... it's not long before it feezes again, right when you need it most.

What happened to the old CUE program? I don't believe I had any problems with freezing using those curves? Or better yet... REMOVE the curve system from iCUE --since it is totally jacked-- and use something else?

Does anyone know of an alternative to running all this $500+ hardware with an alternative?

I would join that class-action suit.

Ridiculous.

My overclock seemed stable for a while. About a year ago it starting crashing when I would run video renders over night. I had to keep adding more and more voltage but it was still crashing. Thought my CPU had degraded honestly.... then i noticed iCUE hanging and not spinning up my fans and the pump would get stuck at 2070 (not 3040) and this is causing my CPU to overheat and crash. What a freaking joke. I never thought I would say this but I have LESS problems with my NZXT x42 that is on my GPU. Guess I am selling the h100i and getting another NZXT cooler. Sure they mine my data but at least my PC wont crash.

Unbelievable.

It's that time again... time to start pricing out components for a new PC build.

My last build was all Corsairs products because I thought just how neat it would be to have my pump, gpu, led, & fan controller all controlled together!

WRONG

It's not neat. And the fact that they haven't even offered us a single solution that works.. other then "reset the service" -- is total BS.

After a fresh restart, fans running on the curves, temp readings flowing... it's not long before it feezes again, right when you need it most.

What happened to the old CUE program? I don't believe I had any problems with freezing using those curves? Or better yet... REMOVE the curve system from iCUE --since it is totally jacked-- and use something else?

Does anyone know of an alternative to running all this $500+ hardware with an alternative?

I would join that class-action suit.

Ridiculous.

Since last month i've been running Link ver: 4.9.7.35 for 6 x HD fans, AIO, RGB Strips with a commander pro etc. and icue 2.24.50 for keyboard, mouse and headset. I haven't had one crash or anything, no black screens. Piss poor on the part of Corsair software department but there was no other way to get all the items to work as I wanted.