Corsair Community

H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

I have same issue with Icue and H115 RGB Platinum and random usb disconnects. This happens when I play Metro Exodus mainly. Only way to stop it is to stop Icue starting with windows. This is a new build , don't know weather to send this part back for refund.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My apologies about the issues you're having with the Platinum series cooler.

Until we have root cause, any discussion of a course of action is premature.

To ALL people having current issues with iCUE disconnect, we've put together an internal task force that is going to need as much data as possible.

Please send an email to iCueDisconnect@corsair.com with the following information.

SUBJECT: iCUE Disconnect

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE: (ie - "H100i disconnects randomly" or "HX1200i PSU not recognized")

Then, go to iCUE, export your system config, and attach it to the email:

MDaucAq.png

Please also include:

* Are you running any other monitoring software? (Afterburner, AI Suite, etc)

* On your motherboard, which connector are you using for Commander Pro, PSU, Cooler, or other device?

* Which game launchers, if any, are running? (Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc)

Send that email to us and we will hopefully be able to recreate the issue across a wider array of potential systems - thus helping us squash some of these bugs.

Thanks!

A long awaited actual update from an employee. This should really be stickied as a new post.

My apologies about the issues you're having with the Platinum series cooler.

Until we have root cause, any discussion of a course of action is premature.

To ALL people having current issues with iCUE disconnect, we've put together an internal task force that is going to need as much data as possible.

Please send an email to iCueDisconnect@corsair.com with the following information.

SUBJECT: iCUE Disconnect

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE: (ie - "H100i disconnects randomly" or "HX1200i PSU not recognized")

Then, go to iCUE, export your system config, and attach it to the email:

MDaucAq.png

Please also include:

* Are you running any other monitoring software? (Afterburner, AI Suite, etc)

* On your motherboard, which connector are you using for Commander Pro, PSU, Cooler, or other device?

* Which game launchers, if any, are running? (Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc)

Send that email to us and we will hopefully be able to recreate the issue across a wider array of potential systems - thus helping us squash some of these bugs.

Thanks!

I will do this in the evening ;-)

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone, I would like to start distributing beta versions of iCUE v3.15 that contains some software workarounds to resolve this issue while our hardware vendor is investigating the issue. In our limited testing, we've been able to see that it resolves the issue but we'd like to increase the sample pool. Therefore, please private message me if you have this issue and would like to try the test build. This way, I can follow up with you if it works (or doesn't work) and get more data for the latter.

Note: At this time I do not need any logs or system information.

Hi everyone, I would like to start distributing beta versions of iCUE v3.15 that contains some software workarounds to resolve this issue while our hardware vendor is investigating the issue. In our limited testing, we've been able to see that it resolves the issue but we'd like to increase the sample pool. Therefore, please private message me if you have this issue and would like to try the test build. This way, I can follow up with you if it works (or doesn't work) and get more data for the latter.

PM sent. I'm very much looking forward to help with testing and give you feedback. Let's hope this will fix everyone's issues. Fingers crossed.

Also sent a PM. Fingers crossed this helps.

Hi James,

So first observations after few hours of use... For now i'm not getting those "disconnect/reconnect" loops (lets hope it stays that way)... But I'm still getting the USB plugging sound after reboots (when windows starts as soon as iCue launches). Which is not really an issue if its only once after starting windows.

The other strange thing that is new, is that randomly after restart, my keyboard (K95 platinum) isn't working... Lighting works but I can't type my login password for example... I need to restart again using the mouse to get it back to work...

One question, is this happening only to windows 10 users ? Cause it looks like that somehow iCue is "reinstalling" the usb drivers (even if nothing appears in the event viewer) on every windows start... Is it possible that it has something to do with the windows new "USB Quick Removal" thing ? (even if its for usb storage devices, it works by keeping the system from staying linked "in communication" with the usb devices...)

That's it for now... still testing... i'll report any new information I have...

With Beta 3.15 all my LL fans connected to my CoPro are loosing its color profile with EVERY restart... They are dark after iCUE startet after a reboot and the previously saved color profile (in my case Arc) is deleted from the color channel list completely and needs to be reselected.

This is not less anoying than the constant USB disconnects tbh .. Needs a fix before public release in 2 weeks for sure.

Excuse me guys, can someone confirm that latest Firmware for the H115i Platinum is the 1.00.33?

Sorry, but i haven't so much time to test the beta version James.

Thats what iCue wants me to upgrade to. I tried to upgrade the firmware, it failed twice. thank god a cold reboot fixed it, as the fans were maxed out when it tried to upgrade.

I just got my monster corsair 680X case, 9900k, 2080ti and H115i rig built and one of the first things I noticed was the constant USB disconnects.

It was greatly depressing to come across this thread and read about the issue. I am so heavily invested in the corsair ecosystem now I cant get out.

White 680X case (came with RGB fans, I added one more and the corsair led strips)

64 GB of Vengeance PRO RGB

RM1000i

H115i

I can only pray they fix the issue. I registered here mainly to express my discontent. I actually wanted an H100i Platinum SE to match my case but of course Corsair dropped that ball on that recently as well and it can't be found. Thus, I was forced into an H115i.

I've sent a PM to you James, fingers crossed I can test out this beta and see if it fixes the issue on my end!

Coming up to almost 12 hours running 3.15 beta. iCue service still fails/restarts when I first login after a reboot but after that it seems stable so far. Been gaming most of the day (Steam, Pubg, Hearthstone, etc.) and no disconnects have triggered.

Also noticed that ARC is available in Hardware profile - was that there before? I used to set it to static as it was unavailable before, not sure when this was added...but welcome.

With Beta 3.15 all my LL fans connected to my CoPro are loosing its color profile with EVERY restart... They are dark after iCUE startet after a reboot and the previously saved color profile (in my case Arc) is deleted from the color channel list completely and needs to be reselected.

This is not less anoying than the constant USB disconnects tbh .. Needs a fix before public release in 2 weeks for sure.

Its actually even enough to just change profile to delete the Arc effect on my main profile. I change the profile around 20 times a day so I have to reapply the Arc effect to my LL fans 20 times a day now...

I hope Corsair James can provide us with a new Beta where this is fixed... Regarding USB disconnects this version looks promising. 3 hours of use without a USB disconnect! If now the LL Arc effect wouldnt be deleted anymore after a profile change this could finally be a great version again.

Currently testing beta 3.15 and so far so good.

Launched steam, run a few games, tested the division 2 through Uplay which was also causing issues and so far no disconnects.

Profiles all working as normal, everything detected as normal and finally feel like I have the cooler I paid for.

Can you please test the following scenario:

Apply Arc to an LL fan connected to CoPro.

This 100% results in a deleted effect after switching to another profile and back to that profile. Arc is then gone from the effect list and the LL fans stay dark. Happens with every profile but only with Arc. Static color is totally fine...

This beta is really worse than the official one. Yes, USB disconnects are fixed (2 days in a row without a disconnect!) but this loss of Arc effect after every profile switch is even more annoying.......

Hi James,

I noticed something new to add on my previous feedback, i tried to update the firmware on my K83 Wireless and was totally unable to do it with this beta version... With the v3.14.104 it worked first attempt...

For the rest except the things i said previously... everything looks ok... :)