Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 mic problems

Basic Training

Vengeance 2000 mic problems (I sound like a broken record in these forums).

I purchased this headset for my son for the Holidays, and each time he wears it, I can hear him breathing. I have looked on his Vista Ultimate 64 and on the Corsair software listed on this Forums (drivers 1.7), there is NO ADJUSTMENT for the mic sensitivity!?! Really, you (Corsair) think you know every computer and every users' settings already? Wow, I must have missed something, the part where every computer is basically different.

I hope there will be a re-release in the driver software to incorporate this problem. Right now I want to send them back, and never trust Corsair with anything other than Memory!

Please tell me I have overlocked something, because it's definitely not in Vista. As far as options for him, yes, he can slide them half way up, right in front of his eyes, so I do not hear his breathing, or, perhaps all the way up, so I can not talk with him. I need real answers. Hope you can give me a real solution.

Signed,

Not Impressed

That is mic loopback its normal. Move the mic further away and see if that removes the breathing noise.

How does microphone loopback work on the Vengeance 2000 wireless headset?

Microphone loopback relays your microphone's input into the headphones. It helps you verify that your microphone is working, and helps keep you from speaking too loudly or too softly.

Loopback is enabled automatically. It's automatically disabled when the microphone boom is rotated up to mute the microphone.

Source: Audio FAQ - Corsair

• Corsair Employee
there is NO ADJUSTMENT for the mic sensitivity!?! Really, you (Corsair) think you know every computer and every users' settings already? Wow, I must have missed something, the part where every computer is basically different!

Everyone breathes differently too. :D:

Most software allow for mic sensitivity adjustment too so I recommend using that to adjust it instead.

• Corsair Employee
I would advise, if possible, to try to use a chat program that normalizes voice transmission, like Ventrilo to see if it makes a difference. Hardware-wise, there is nothing that can be done to change the sensitivity of the mic.

Archived