Corsair Community

Issue with QL120 mixed with QL140

farina

I decided to replace some of my 120mm fans with 140s and for some reason the lighting node won't recognize the 140s. Is there any issue with mixing the sizes? I had assumed it wouldn't matter at all as long as they were all QL fans.

871358332_Annotation2020-05-20203022.thumb.png.27a4b9397aef24c06bfd8300b76f9323.png

OK. So ... first make sure that they are all selected. And try instant lighting ...

If none of that works, try rearranging the fans on the hub. Switch 4 with six. Or 4 with six. The fans operate in series - one fan passes data to the next fan. So one bad fan can take out a chain. And the bad fan may light up ... just not pass the data.

OK. So ... first make sure that they are all selected. And try instant lighting ...

If none of that works, try rearranging the fans on the hub. Switch 4 with six. Or 4 with six. The fans operate in series - one fan passes data to the next fan. So one bad fan can take out a chain. And the bad fan may light up ... just not pass the data.

OK, this is crazy...apparently this was caused by playing Far Cry 5. It has lighting integration, which is really impressive...except it fails to light the 140mm fans. I never would have expected that.

Thanks for all of the help!