Corsair Community

Lighting Node Core not detected

Holowbastion

Good evening,

Recently I bought an iCUE 465X RGB Case. It comes with 3 LL120 RGB fans and an iCUE Lighting Node CORE.

Today I finished upgrading to the new case. I plugged the node in Sata Power and an USB 2.0 Header of my MB. Fans RGB are connected to the node.

When I start up the PC, the LL120 fans are spinning, but the RGB isn´t working. I tried plugging to the other USB Header, enable legacy usb support, disabled fast boot and the node isn´t even detected by USBDeview.

What can I do next to detect the point of failure?

Hello,

I Recently built a pc with the Corsair iCUE 465X Case aswell, the fans it comes with along with the fans for my liquid cooler only default to the rainbow color, and when i go to change it in the iCUE software it doesnt work. Only my RAM and corsair box logo on the cpu liquid cooler work. I dont know what is going on and i need help

I was able to test the rgb of the fans itself, all fan are working. If I connect them to an externel RGB controller, they will light up. So it has to be a problem of the node core. I tested the sata power cable, which is working fine.

Since the RGB isn´t working at all, I assume the node has a malfunction.

Is my assumption correct?

If yes, who should I contact?

If no, what else could it be?

• 2 months later...
I am having the same issue myself and am hoping that someone have found a fix. My fans are lighting up but I can't control it as the icue software cannot detect the lighting node core. I have it plugged in on one of my 9 pin usb headers, confirmed the usb header is working but still not detected. The device isn't showing in usbdeview as well.

I was able to test the rgb of the fans itself, all fan are working. If I connect them to an externel RGB controller, they will light up. So it has to be a problem of the node core. I tested the sata power cable, which is working fine.

Since the RGB isn´t working at all, I assume the node has a malfunction.

Is my assumption correct?

If yes, who should I contact?

If no, what else could it be?

Did you use the LNC ports in order? You must plug your fans starting from port 1.

Baio

• 1 month later...

Same problem, bought an iCUE 220T RGB case, both USB and SATA power wires are connected, but the lightning core node doesn't show up in the iCUE software (I've tried versions 3.20 and 3.29). The fans do spin, but they are completely dark. I also have an H80i AIO cooler, that one shows up in iCUE software without issue.

Please help!

UPDATE: Tried messing with the BIOS USB settings still nothing. Then I found a thread explaining how to reset the lighting node, everything started working after that (in the video ignore all that firmware stuff, just follow the reset part).

[ame]

[/ame]

IMG_20200609_022435.thumb.jpg.a9a3a6d81b8d5fa58c605541ed186336.jpg

Edited by cfmarque

• 8 months later...