Corsair Community

Question about setting up 7 LL series fans.

WinterLFG

Hello,

I am trying to set up 7 LL series fans and I have found on other forms how to set them up, however, I did have a question about the power. Would it be bad for the fans/controller to have a splitter, splitting power between 2 fans from one port on the Commander Pro?

Simply put, 2 fans on 1 power port connected via splitter.

Thanks!

You can get away with it but just barely.

See https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=191905. 7 LL fans at full power/full white comes to 4.47A. The limit is 4.5. So it's pushing it.

Thanks! I'm not planning at running at full power anyways, I was going to run 80% brightness, RGB no white. My guess is that I would get more or less around 3.81A. Plenty of room for what I'm doing (Correct me if I am wrong).

that should work bud.... the RGB load is on the RGB hub and the Power load is on the Commander Pro.

Taken from the iCUE eco system Faq

Not Officially supported but there is no reason why you can not use Fan header Splitter cables on the Commander Pro (note there is a 1A limitation per fan header and a 4.5A limitation for the entire unit (including it's MCU and any Corsair RGB Strips you have attached) and I recommend no more than 2 Fans on any one Channel (note, seen plenty of issues when trying to use triple PWM splitters or more) and no more than 9 fans in total ( wont go over 8 although i did run 9 for awhile lol)

that should work bud.... the RGB load is on the RGB hub and the Power load is on the Commander Pro.

Taken from the iCUE eco system Faq

Not Officially supported but there is no reason why you can not use Fan header Splitter cables on the Commander Pro (note there is a 1A limitation per fan header and a 4.5A limitation for the entire unit (including it's MCU and any Corsair RGB Strips you have attached) and I recommend no more than 2 Fans on any one Channel (note, seen plenty of issues when trying to use triple PWM splitters or more) and no more than 9 fans in total ( wont go over 8 although i did run 9 for awhile lol)

Thank you very much! I'll keep this in mind when building my fan setup.