The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2019, 06:05 AM
apang1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025024
apang1 Reputation: 10

Hi, I can confirm as well that the NZXT Internal USB hub solved my USB disconnection issues. I have 6 RGB LL120 fans hooked up to the Commander pro, and 2 additional LL120 fans with my H100i RGB cooling AIO.

Old 11-24-2019, 01:02 PM
MrMetzka's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025047
MrMetzka Reputation: 10

I pulled the trigger on purchasing the NZXT Internal USB Hub. Connecting the Commander Pro to this solved my Commander Pro disconnecting and reconnecting problem. The USB hub of the Commander Pro also works now.

I'd rather see the Commander Pro + Prime X570-Pro compatibility issue resolved, but this is a nice temporary solution.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:06 PM
BustedDonutFace's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025316
BustedDonutFace Reputation: 10
Default ASUS Prime X570PRO/Commander PRO

I'm having the same issue on new build. Created tickets with ASUS and Corsair, we will see what happens.

Old 11-27-2019, 03:27 AM
excel958's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025365
excel958 Reputation: 10

I registered on this forum just to chime in that I'm having this problem too. ASUS Prime X5700-Pro Motherboard here. I installed a Commander Pro today with 6 ML120 RBG fans and for whatever reason, "Aura LED Controller" kept disconnecting and reconnecting, which kept putting my static blue mobo RGB colors back to the factory default Rainbow setting.

So far the two solutions I've seen are 1) Uninstall Aura Sync, or 2) Install an internal USB hub. I don't have a hub so I've tried uninstalling Aura Sync and that seems to work. No lights on my motherboard right now which I find frustrating.

Edit: Aura Sync uninstalled (but I didn't reboot my PC) and I ran into the problem again. I've since rebooted my PC and will see the disconnect/reconnect issue happens again.

Edit 2: The problem occurred again. Mobo RGB didn't flicker but my ML 120 fans did.

Anyone have any idea if a USB header splitter might work?

Last edited by excel958; 11-27-2019 at 04:05 AM.

Old 11-30-2019, 04:49 PM
bonin240sx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025776
bonin240sx Reputation: 10

The nzxt hub was the only way I could stop the dinging. These problems are annoying but it's under control now. Now the next issue is Corsair admitting that they need to fix the icue software that I can't even run because of the insane high voltages and not allowing the cores to sleep. I'm baffled by the lack of response or care from them at this point and considering changing eco systems. /End rant

Old 11-30-2019, 11:00 PM
fireboltjjl's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025805
fireboltjjl Reputation: 10

I bought one of these splitters on Amazon to see if this would help with the disconnects, but they are still happening. I might have to try the NZXT hub like others mentioned.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just built my computer a couple of weeks ago, and I have mixed feelings about seeing other people having the same issue. I'm glad that I am not the only one with problems, but I am disappointed in Corsair that this is still an issue with very little communication.

Old 12-01-2019, 09:34 AM
FrontierTW's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025851
FrontierTW Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by logibear View Post
Hi, I have the exact same issue, usb hub resetting with windows sound, commander pro disconnecting leds briefly.
Been troubleshooting for a fix, reinstalled windows, changed usb power settings, corsair firmware update etc. After loads of looking round one of the main similarities in the forums is the commander pro with the asus x570 prime pro mobo, it seems like a compatibly problem.

I've tried everything I can to sort this issue, i'm in the midst of a support ticket right now where they are sending a front panel usb replacement on my obsidian 500d se case, which clearly isn't the problem.

If I find a work around or an answer from support I'll post back.

Any other x570 prime pro users having this problem? If so it's worth mentioning here, maybe getting enough comments to take to asus/ Corsair showing there is infact a problem and it's not an isolated incident.
Hello #14
I have the same problem as you and also have a Prime X570-pro.
SO, is that only this Mobo has this compatibility problem?

Old 12-02-2019, 04:56 AM

POST ID # = 1025947
snubbers Reputation: 10

Thanks for this thread!

I was also having issues on the CoPro/HX1000i/LNP , I could get two devices working in iCUE fairly reliably but trying to get 3 (by combining the HX1000i/LNP in to a single USB Header) worked unreliably, they'd show up most of the time but would not change configurations and firmware updates on the LNP would hang.

The internal NZXT Hub worked a treat, not only do all the link devices show immediately and reliably, but also the CoPro USB headers now worked flawlessly!

Thanks!

Old 12-02-2019, 03:33 PM
ShadyPyro's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026008
ShadyPyro Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedDonutFace View Post
I'm having the same issue on new build. Created tickets with ASUS and Corsair, we will see what happens.
Don't replace the board lol its annoying and won't solve anything.

I have't heard back from corsair since the original we need to figure it out in icue comment they gave me.

So far the nzxt header works for most people. If you have the commander pro on the same usb as the mobo rgb you can disable usb disconnect sounds to make the noise go away.