Corsair Community

HX750W: unpluggable mobo cable

Haribo06

Hello,

I have a brand new HX750W. I tried to replace my old PSU with the new one,

but unfortunately, I am not able to plug the large cable (20+4 pins) to the motherboard. The cable looks exactly the same as my old PSU. I can start to plug it, but then it is very very hard and I pushed like a crazy on it and it just doesn't plug to the end. The clip beside doesn't close itself (I don't know how to say this, sorry).

Did this happen already to anyone? Is there a work around for this or should I claim a new PSU?

Thanks and regards

• Corsair Employee
Try slowly lining up the pins and make sure that they are all partially inserted before applying force to the plug it in. If you can not get it to plug in check out the bottom of the 24 pin connector and make sure there are no bent or out of place pins (there will be one missing pin, that is normal).

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I applied force only when the plug was already half the way in.

There is something like 2 mm missing for it to be well in place, it is not much.

However, I did as you mentionned, meaning that I checked several times that the pins on the mobo were well straight in the middle of their "holes".

There are no bent pins.

In addition, I put back my old PSU and I could plug it easily and the PC is working fine (except that it looks like there is not enough power for my new Graphic Card (Nvidia GTX 280 with 500W)).

So I am about to ask for a replacement of the Corsair PSU. I am a bit sad due to this since I thaught I wouldn't have any problem with such a well-known brand.

Thanks and regards

Archived