- No Asus software installed

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus Impact VI Z87

CPU: i7-4770k

Products:

Original commander unit

H100i

RM650

Lighting and Cooling kit

The commander unit is just not getting detected. I used to be on version 5112 and things were fine minus some occasional weird issues with temperatures/speeds going to 0 which is why I wanted to update. Any help is appreciated

http://i.imgur.com/f55ov6I.png

2.7.5361 isn't the most recent version; have you tried 3.1.5525?

5525 has a big warning that says do not download if using the old commander unit. Anyway I tried downloading that one and it didn't work either (also removed profiles, unplugged USB, etc etc).

Have you tried going back to 2.7.5112?

Yeah rolling back to 5112 the software detects all my hardware correctly, but has the issue of temperatures showing as 0 degrees which is why I wanted to update the software in the first place.

You can use 3.1.5525. I have tested it before.

Once installed, uninstall the driver that conflicts with the unit.

If you currently have an original Commander unit do not install this version of the software. The Commander unit will no longer be recognized by the system! See below for instructions on how to manually fix this.

After installing and launching v3.1.5525 in a system that has the older Corsair Link Commander unit, if the Commander unit is missing from C-Link software, you can follow the instructions listed below to fix this problem:

Exit C-link software from the C-Link ICON on system tray.

Open Windows device manager and find the problematic “Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device” on the USB device list.

Right click and select Update Driver Software.

Select Browse My Computer for Device Software Manually and hit Next.

Select Let Me Pick from list of device drivers on My computer and hit Next.

Select USB Input Device and hit Next. After that, Windows will successfully update driver back to correct one.

Restart C-Link software and Commander unit should appear back into C-Link software.

As an alternative, I spoke to the PM for Corsair Link. You have the option of RMA'ing your Commander unit and having it replaced with a Commander Mini for freesies, which is far less troublesome.

Oh really? That would be wonderful! What steps should I take to get this going? I've never actually RMA'ed anything in my life... :o:

Archived