Corsair Community

Corsair H100 with Noisblocker M12-PS: rpm stays constant ignoring cpu temp

guyrush

Hi there,

I'm using the H100 with two pwm fans (Noisblocker Multiframe M12-PS). But the H100 doensn't ajust the rpm according to the cpu Temperatur. Instead the fans hold a constant rpm no matter how hot the cpu gets. F.E. at the low Profile the fan's rpm is very low even if the cpu is above 70°, if the high Profile is activ the rpm is at the highest Level, even if the cpu is in idle.

Hi there,

I'm using the H100 with two pwm fans (Noisblocker Multiframe M12-PS). But the H100 doensn't ajust the rpm according to the cpu Temperatur. Instead the fans hold a constant rpm no matter how hot the cpu gets. F.E. at the low Profile the fan's rpm is very low even if the cpu is above 70°, if the high Profile is activ the rpm is at the highest Level, even if the cpu is in idle.

I am in the exact same situation and was looking for an answer. Thanks for posting!

So if I use the CPU and Optional CPU fan headers on my motherboard, do I need to use the 3-pin connector that extends from the heatsink?

I am in the exact same situation and was looking for an answer. Thanks for posting!

So if I use the CPU and Optional CPU fan headers on my motherboard, do I need to use the 3-pin connector that extends from the heatsink?

The 3-pin connector from the heat-sink is to output the RPM of the pump, and that's all it is for. What you could do is, put that 3-pin connector from the heat-sink into the CPU_FAN header (so you can check the speed of the pump and make sure it's working), then buy a fan splitter cable and connect one end to the CPU_OPT header on your board, and plug your fans into each splitter tail-end.

• Corsair Employee

You can just connect the fans directly to the fan port on the motherboard, by passing the ports on the H100 controller.

The 3-pin connector from the heat-sink is to output the RPM of the pump, and that's all it is for. What you could do is, put that 3-pin connector from the heat-sink into the CPU_FAN header (so you can check the speed of the pump and make sure it's working), then buy a fan splitter cable and connect one end to the CPU_OPT header on your board, and plug your fans into each splitter tail-end.

thanks for the reply.

Do you think I could plug the 3pin connector into one of the non-"CPU" 4-pin connectors?

Also, the pump RPM stays constant, correct?

thanks for the reply.

Do you think I could plug the 3pin connector into one of the non-"CPU" 4-pin connectors?

Also, the pump RPM stays constant, correct?

You could, yes, because that connector only outputs the RPM of the pump, so any of your fan connectors would do. But, some if not all boards will complain if you don't plug anything into the CPU_FAN connector - so it would be a good idea to plug something into CPU_FAN. Yes, the pump runs at a constant speed, it's not variable like a custom water-cooling Swiftech MCP35X pump, for example.

You could, yes, because that connector only outputs the RPM of the pump, so any of your fan connectors would do. But, some if not all boards will complain if you don't plug anything into the CPU_FAN connector - so it would be a good idea to plug something into CPU_FAN. Yes, the pump runs at a constant speed, it's not variable like a custom water-cooling Swiftech MCP35X pump, for example.

thanks! I'll give that a try.

Archived