Corsair Community

465x with top AIO RAM clearance

noenic

Hi :biggrin:

For Christmas I got a new case the 465x and a new mobo a Asus strix Z390 gaming E

I just added my existing AIO the H100i pro platinum RGB and my ram is just basic HyperX fury low profile..

But I think about new ram : Obviously Corsair vangeance pro RGB

But while installing the AIO in my case with the HyperX ram The radiator and the RAM rubs but settles but again its Low profile RAM

Is it possible that the vangeance doesn't even fit ? Because exept the mobo all is Corsair, It will be a shame if a corsair case can't take a Corsair AIO and Corsair RAM...

Did someone achieved it ? thanks :roll:

The non-RGB Fury are fairly short at ~34mm, so if you are touching there, other RGB RAM isn’t going to work. This is a common issue with a lot of cases that fall into the “mid-tower” category and have a rather shallow top. This has become a very popular design the last several years.

The solution is to move the radiator to front intake. This is somewhat off-putting for those who have not done it before, but for most it offers some performance advantages by getting the cpu radiator out of the GPU heat zone.

• 1 month later...
I have attempted this with the exact same setup and it in fact does not work. It is very annoying that they advertise that you can mount it on top if you can't with their own ram!

Already had this problem for 240 aio for GPU.

The main problem with corsair, is that they advertise something, you overpay for the product, and then you still have to mod your case for components to fit in.

I think they could make a new, lets say 3 cm wider revision for these cases, and change them for users who are experiencing problems.

EDIT: 3 cm taller case would make a huge difference.

Edited by AndrejusD

• 3 months later...
Already had this problem for 240 aio for GPU.

The main problem with corsair, is that they advertise something, you overpay for the product, and then you still have to mod your case for components to fit in.

I think they could make a new, lets say 3 cm wider revision for these cases, and change them for users who are experiencing problems.

EDIT: 3 cm taller case would make a huge difference.

I find it ridiculous that if I bought this Corsair 465x case and uses a corsair 100i platinum aio and Corsair RGB pro ram that it wouldn't fit. All these products where out at same time and to not make them work together especially when the case is a RGB case advertised as a iCUE case but the iCue RGB ram wouldn't fit lol. Yeah let's sell a RGB heavy iCue case but force the owners to use low profile normal non RGB ram. Stupid. I have the platinum RGB AIO and the 465x case right now in my Amazon basket about to buy. I was upgrading my 4 year old h110i get aio to the new one and getting 3 extra ll120 fans too. Now it's pointless as my Corsair RGB pro ram in my Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII motherboard will not fit with the AIO. Such a stupid design. So basically all those things I was about to buy now I'm not as I need to re think what case I'm going to get. Disappointed. lian Li Lan cool 2 was my other choice I need to find out if it would be ok in that case then. Corsair man I love your products and am invested in a lot or Corsair stuff all in 9ne eco system but man you make stupid nonsensical dessions sometimes. I guess this is what happens when you realise the exact same very old case the 275r as a new 465x iCue case. Back then these products didn't really exist. And it shows.

Also who in their right mind thought the dust filter on the front had to change. The 275r front filter is exact same size and doest cover the fans and have crosses in middle over your own branding. At least I won't have to mod the front dust filter now to cut them away.

I find it ridiculous that if I bought this Corsair 465x case and uses a corsair 100i platinum aio and Corsair RGB pro ram that it wouldn't fit. All these products where out at same time and to not make them work together especially when the case is a RGB case advertised as a iCUE case but the iCue RGB ram wouldn't fit lol. Yeah let's sell a RGB heavy iCue case but force the owners to use low profile normal non RGB ram. Stupid. I have the platinum RGB AIO and the 465x case right now in my Amazon basket about to buy. I was upgrading my 4 year old h110i get aio to the new one and getting 3 extra ll120 fans too. Now it's pointless as my Corsair RGB pro ram in my Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII motherboard will not fit with the AIO. Such a stupid design. So basically all those things I was about to buy now I'm not as I need to re think what case I'm going to get. Disappointed. Lian Li Lan cool 2 was my other choice I need to find out if it would be ok in that case then. Corsair man I love your products and am invested in a lot or Corsair stuff all in 9ne eco system but man you make stupid nonsensical dessions sometimes. I guess this is what happens when you realise the exact same very old case the 275r as a new 465x iCue case. Back then these products didn't really exist. And it shows.

Also who in their right mind thought the dust filter on the front had to change. The 275r front filter is exact same size and doest cover the fans and have crosses in middle over your own branding. At least I won't have to mod the front dust filter now to cut them away.

Overall case is amazing, really tydi and pretty one, but if it was only 2 cm taller there would be no problems with top AIO, but on the other hand, top AIO can leak, so in this case, I think I will mount gpu watercooling radiator on a side panel or through back fan mounting holes, so CPU and GPU loops would be separate. Just wanna contact one radiator manufacturer if they would make a single big radiator for lets say 4x200 mm big fans to mount on side of a right panel :)