Corsair Community

Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless - One problem (maybe) and one ask

Carovie

Hello

Excuse my english

I start with the problem

Last week I bought these headsets.

Some days ago, I made the first charge to them, I charged them fully connected to a USB port from the computer just as it says in the instructions

I disconnected them when the light was set on green colour

I run the iCUE software, and with the headsets totally charged some seconds ago, the iCUE put that the baterry of the headsets was on 94%

I couldnot understand this, then I decided to spend the battery and try again for if it had been a momentary error

I charged again in the same right way and the result was the same, with the headsets totally and fully charged, iCUE shows the baterry in 93-94% and shows some other things with the the measurement of the battery that are not a very normal behavior of the battery

Could anybody please tell me what can be happening me here with the battery ot these headsets or with iCUE? Maybe this battery is deficient or damaged?

And finally the question, in the instructions of the headsets it puts that the headsets have to be charged connected to a USB port from the computer, but the connection for the side of the headsets is micro-usb.

My question is, is possible/good idea to charge them with some charger of a mobile phone that have micro-usb? Would I have them totally charged more quickly than connecting them to a USB port of the computer, right? Or maybe the battery of the headsets, would be damaged using this system of charge?

Thank you very much to all of you for your help

Regards

I have had the Void Pro wireless for well over a year and in that time I have NEVER seen it charge to 100%. This is normal. As for charging them with a different cord, I don't foresee any issues myself with that but you can never be too sure. Best is to just charge it the way its meant to be and leave it at that.

But yeah, don't worry about the battery not reading 100%.

thank you very much to both of your for your anwers

I will try to make the action that Corsair Notepad wrote me and I take note of your comment Waukeen, that you say that these headtsets never shows the charge on 100%. I think this is not a problem if headsets battery works properly and the duration of the battery is right and enough time

I think then this is a problem with iCUE reading the battery, because sometimes I see the percentage of battery doesnot go down for a while and after this, suddenly it goes down more than one number of the percentage, for example from 44 to 42%

And another strange behaviour that I saw is that if I turn off the headsets with for example 25% of battery, when I turn on some time later, the baterry is in 29% for example

Thanks again for your answers and help, then I will try the option of Corsair Notepad for one side and for the other, I I shouldnot give much importance to this as Waukeen told me

There's actually a couple things going on on the reading going up somewhat. Depending on how long it was off it will have cooled down, heat weakens batteries, its why you can take a nearly dead battery, freeze it and it will be able to power something. Secondly it has time to...well balance itself out. Same thing happens in car batteries where it you are nearly dead trying to start it, let it sit a couple and you might get another go before you have to contact Triple Thieves...I mean A.

And to address your comment about the delay in battery updates, I have actually seen that myself and once had it where the software had to be restarted to update. Kept saying the battery was at 30% even though it wasn't and reported at 90% or so once I did that.

thanks again for your reply and comments Waukken

Then do you think all of these strange events about the reading of the battery of these headsets in iCUE is "normal" and really the battery of the headsets works properly and without faults? In spite of this, I think this is not a good and serious image for Corsair. I imagine the headsets are perfect, but the reading of the battery from iCUE is not good

My main worry is because it never reachs to 100% when it is fully charged

thanks again for your reply Waukeen.

If you allow me one last question, has any importance to use them while they are charging or better turn off them, charge them totally and after this, turn on and start to use them again?

Nah. I use them and the times when I forget to charge it or it starts to die from use I plus it in. The only thing that is different between charging off and on is time. Takes a bit longer to charge when they are being used, that's all. No harm otherwise.

That said one thing I do which helps with the charging and longevity of the battery is turn off the bloody lights on the ear cups. Never saw the point on them since they just suck the battery dry faster.