Corsair Community

RGB fans installed. 3 work. 3 do not. Mystery.

simon77047

To begin, I searched for answers, but found none in this particular forum. I built a gaming pc last year and installed six Corsair 120's. After installing I discovered the 3 fans attached to my radiator were not RGB. Made perfect sense then that there wouldn't be lights. I replaced those 3 with 3 new ML 120 pro RGBs and installed them today. I connect the power leads into the commander pro and the rgb leads into the node. (the part with three connections on each side). I fired it up, opened Corsair Link, configured the fans and NO lights. lol. It does recognize six fans however, but only 3 of them are showing lights. Why so difficult? What do I do? Seems to me I should just be able to plug them in. Thanks

You said you replaced the fans - then you said that you have ML fans and SP fans. Which is it?

Please be specific about how many and what type of fans you have on that hub. And as I mentioned in my first reply, the SP-RGB fans do not work with any other fan on the same hub. With other fan types, they'll work if you mix and match, even if configuration and control is wonky. But the SP fans use a different protocol and absolutely, positively cannot be on the same hub as any other type of fan.

My case has 3 HD 120 RGB LED PWM case fans and 3 ML 120 Pro RGB fans. All fans are connected as diagrammed under the RGB FAQs Corsair RGB fan and lighting node pro setup. Corsair Link shows all six fans, but only the 3 HD 120's are showing lights. The 3 ML 120's are not. I tried configuring them, but that didn't work. I double checked on orders from Newegg and the fans are HD, not SP. sorry. Edited by simon77047

OK, then that should work even if you can't configure it properly - you'd need to configure the single channel as 4 HD-RGB fans. How do you have the fans arranged on the hub? 3 HD and then 3 ML? Can you show your lighting setup/configuration?

How do I put a picture of it on this forum? Yes, the fans are arranged 3 hd then 3 ml. I did have it split into channel 1 and channel 2, but I just now made it 4 hd fans on one. Still only 3 fans show lighting. The 3 ml are dark, but spinning.

Okay. I added another RGB Hub and connected the 3 ML fans in spaces 4 through 6 and connected the Hub to the Commander Pro LED channel 2. Nothing.

I then connected the 3 ML fans in spaces 1 through 3 and I got one of them to work as shown in the picture. I switched fans 1 and 2 around and then got the middle fan to work.

I cannot get all 3 of them to light up. Only one at a time. Makes no sense. And thanks for your help.

Here are photos of how I made the connections. RGB Hub 1 shows present HD fans and RGB Hub 2 shows 3 ML fans. Commander Pro show both connected to led channels 1 and 2. Also, power connected 1 through 6 as well as the 4 temperature sensors. Four sensors show readings and 4 fans light up. I changed software from Corsair Link to ICUE thinking I could gain more control. That did not make any difference. Will probably uninstall ICUE and re-install Link. I am at an end with this. :(

1058843699_CommanderPro.thumb.jpg.58192e862f8cf86e2d24d36567d190d0.jpg

254967551_RGBHub1.thumb.jpg.92adfbca56e9e9c4fb233e5bc6e6d0d5.jpg

949237803_RGBHub2.thumb.jpg.7ad3174295ec8e135bab40de70733e4b.jpg

At this point, I don't think that it's a software issue. I think it's more likely that one or more of your fans is bad.

Put them into port 1 one fan at a time. If a fan lights up, move it to port 2. Put another in port 1. If BOTH fans light up, then the fan in port 1 is "Known Good".

The fans operate in series. They get the control signal and pass it down the line to the next fan. So one bad fan can take the entire chain out. You need to keep close track of which is which and what has been verified. Or just return the whole 3 pack.

I thought I did that with the first 2 fans. Both the top and the middle fans lite up, just not together. Anyway. I am gone for a couple weeks and when I get back home I will do all 3 in steps to see. Again, thank you for your help. I will post again with results.