Corsair Community

"New" CUE Lighting Effects

Just updated for the first time, so I have the newest version. It is so much more confusing, looks like a classic case of a company attempting to make a product more user friendly and in the process ruining it.

I want advanced settings on so I can actually change stuff properly, but for some ridiculous reason advanced settings makes lighting not work. I want my keyboard to be blue static, and ripple effect when I type. It's not that complicated, I could do it easily with the old CUE but now it just won't display the ripple effect.

EDIT: Also I can't get the ripple to be rainbow...

Turn off advanced mode. Advanced mode is only for per key lighting and in turns disables all the fancy presets. Just ran into this when trying out my new void and strafe along with my existing scimitar, was confused why all my lights just turned off and nothing seemed to get them on except individual keys one at a time, turned off advanced and it was back to normal.

Sounds like a case of, "I don't want to spend 5 minutes to learn the software so I'll go complain about it on the forums and say the old cue was better". In all seriousness tho, The old cue was complained about being complicated just like the new cue and it all comes down to knowing where things are, in this case CUE 2 has features that are so obvious they appear hidden, the standard and advanced thing has been complained about in CUE 2 even though it was also present in CUE 1.

Archived