Corsair Community

Corsair LL120 w/RGB LED Lighting PRO

Sephiroth7132

Hello, greetings.

I'm new here in the forums, I recently changed computers with a new Ryzen 3rd gen build with Corsair RGB RAM, and I was interested in using other RGB components with the RAM, and also changing the default fans with the Corsair LL120 triple pack, which incluides a the Lighting Node Pro, to control the fans and an RGB Lighting Hub to control, well, the RGB xD

So my question is, can I use the RGB Lighting Hub that comes with the triple pack fans with the RGB LED Lighting PRO or I'd have to buy the CORSAIR iCUE Lighting Node PRO in order for the RGB Led Strips to work?

All of these names are from Amazon, sorry if they are not named that way >_<

This are the links of the products:

Corsair LL120 triple pack: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-LL120-120mm-Light-Lighting/dp/B075VGN4M1/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=corsair+rgb&qid=1578498116&sr=8-1

RGB LED Lighting Pro Expansion kit: https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-CL-8930002-RGB-Lighting-Expansion/dp/B073VKPM4D/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=corsair+rgb&qid=1578498132&sr=8-6

Lighting Node Pro RGB: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Lighting-Node-Iluminaci%C3%B3n-Gabinete/dp/B01MYDTC2C/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_es_MX=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=corsair+rgb&qid=1578497920&s=electronics&sr=1-2

Thanks in advance.

If you bought a triple pack of LL fans, you should have both the RGB Lighting Hub (small 6 port box) and the Lighting Node Pro (2 RGB port) device. The RGB Hub is for lighting power. The Lighting Node Pro allows the hardware to talk to the software (iCUE).

If you want to add strips, you just need the Expansion pack. It has the 4 RGB strips plus some rather useful extensions. Those will plug into RGB Channel #2 on the Lighting Node Pro.

If you bought a triple pack of LL fans, you should have both the RGB Lighting Hub (small 6 port box) and the Lighting Node Pro (2 RGB port) device. The RGB Hub is for lighting power. The Lighting Node Pro allows the hardware to talk to the software (iCUE).

If you want to add strips, you just need the Expansion pack. It has the 4 RGB strips plus some rather useful extensions. Those will plug into RGB Channel #2 on the Lighting Node Pro.

Thank you for the response. That's what I iwas thinking, but, because this is new to me, I didn't know if I had to buy the RGB LED Strips that come with another LED controller. So I should forget about that, buy the expansion pack, and connect them using the controller that comes with the Triple Pack. That's way better, and having to deal, in theory, with less cables.

The RGB strips only use a small amount of power, so they piggy back off the Lighting Node Pro (LNP). Fan lighting can be a huge power draw, especially if you have 6 LL or 6 QL fans. Those must have their own power line from the PSU.

It's a complex system, but the strips will all daisy chain to each other and go into one of the two RGB ports on the LNP. This one is easy.

Last bit.. after loading up iCUE for the first time, you must go to the LNP panel, "Lighting Set-up" and designate you now have 4 RGB strips on Ch 1 or 2. Then the lights will come back on.