Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2018, 12:04 AM
jcarlson1701's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933971
jcarlson1701 Reputation: 10
Default H115i Fan/Pump Control - Commander Pro or MB CPU Fan Header

Hello All,

I wasn't sure if I should put this in the cooling category, but since my question is Link related I figured I'd post here. If the moderators feel the need to move this post to the appropriate category, please do so.

I'm currently in the process of procuring all the components for my new build. I'll be installing a H115i for CPU cooling (which I'm replacing the stock fans with a pair of ML140 Pro RGBs) and will also be incorporating a Commander Pro (with fan splitter) for the rest of my case fans (2x ML140 Pro RGB front intake, 1x ML120 Pro RGB bottom intake and 1x ML140 Pro RGB rear exhaust).

My question is, should I connect H115i pump to the CPU Fan header on my MB (ASRock Z270 Taichi) or should I connect it to the Commander Pro? I assume that I'll receive some sort of CPU fan warning upon boot if I don't connect it to the CPU fan header, but is there any advantage/disadvantage by connecting it to the Commander Pro? Will it matter to Corsair Link?

I'd rather control my fan/pump speeds, etc... via Link as opposed to the BIOS. Will it matter depending on which way I go to connect?

The other related question I have is should I still connect the H115i fans directly to the pump, or should I also connect those to the Commander Pro?

I thank you all in advance for any advice you can offer!

Tags
commander pro, corsair link, h115 corsairlink