Corsair Community

CMX 3200-C2 XMS3202 v3.1 2*512 twinx and ASUS A7n8Xe deluxe

aurelpem

hello, to begin, sorry for my bad english, i'm french and it's sometimes hard ! I have a big problem with my computer, when I play or when I surf on net or when I work under Windows Pro SP1, my computer restart suddently witj a nice blue screen !! My computer: Barton 3200 + motherboard: ASUS a7n8x e deluxe 2*512 XMS twinx C2 Corsair pc 3200 400mhz Powercolor ATI radeon 9800Xt Fortron aurora 350w 2 Maxtor 80go SATA in RAID 0 CDRw Nec 2500A DVD SOny Super LAnboy all drivers are update (catalyst 4.5, drivers nforce 2....) y have an other computer (call N°2 in the rest of this mail) XP2400+, asus A7N8X deluxe, ATi radeon 9700, 2*256 SAmsung PC 2700, Win SP1 I ask a lot of question in forum to try to found what is the problem, i test the Corsair why my first computer, with Memtest86+ with a CAS 2.5-3-3-6 in dual channel (128bits) and 200Mhz, I use Memtest86+====> the RAM make 366848 errors in 35 pass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when I put the Samsung with tht Barton 3200+ there isn't any problem, no blue sreen, all is good, but at the moment I put Corsair in this config the systeme fail !! Actually I try a memtest in my computer 2 I hope it is not difficult for you do understand me ! I think my RAM Corsair is bad (test Memtest 86+), i want to know if there is an incompatibilty with one of the composant of my computer with the Barton, and if the RAM Corsair is bad how can I do with the warranty ??? thank you Nice to see you AUrélien SAPET [email]aurelpem@free.fr[/email]

yes I test with another system, no problem !!! memtest ===> O errors but the ram work not in 200Mhz but 133mhz because the mobo is an Asus A7N8x and the BIOS , in failure computer it's the 1009 ! you think 350W isn't enought ??? well.... i try to test with another ! thank

OK ! I've changed my BIOS ==> no result ! I've put the RAM at 133Mhz instead of 200Mhz ===> no problem so I think that it not supported 200Mhz Now I can and I must contact you for return the Memory with the warranty :biggrin: :biggrin:

I tested it with my other computer: Bios 1002, asus a7n8x deluxe, XP2400+, freq:133mhz =====> no error with memtest I test it with my computer: BIOS 1008, memory frequency at 133mhz (timing 3-3-3-8) the barton 3200+ is at 200Mhz, all setting, except memory frequency are "Auto" or ""by SPD", ASUS A7n8e deluxe (400mhz) ====> 0 errors I play the games "MEdal of honor", I can't play when the memory is at 200mhz (I have a nice blue screen and a reboot) When the memory is at 133Mhz i can play a lot without any problem ! I think that it signify that the RAM can't supported 200mhz frequency, no ??

• Corsair Employee
The fact you were not getting errors with a 3200+ would suggest it might be some other problem. In addition, for any AMD CPU speed 166 MHz and above you would need to run the memory Frequency at 100%. If you try to run the memory at DDR400 and the CPU at 133 or 166 MHz it will cause a bottleneck in the chipset and may generate errors that are not from the memory. In addition, there have been several users reporting that ASUS Rev 1.0X A7N8X will not run with a 3200+ CPU properly. I would suggest testing with another system that is running DDR400 to make sure its not some other issue.

Ok I will test on other system whicht accept DDR400, I've got an ASUS A7n8X E deluxe (400mhz), not just an A7N8X (166mhz), the différence is the BuS frequency ! So the Barton 3200+ (400Mhz) must be compatible with the mobo but I can try with ASUS a7n8x E deluxe and a barton 2800+ (it's a friend's computer) Ciao

hi, i have the same problem with my ausus a7n8x-e deluxe, amd 3200+ and 2xXMS3200C2. i'm testing for about 3 weeks now. i build an system with my old mobo all is running well. A7N8X (Rev 1.06) Bios 1006 AMD 3200+ (Barton) @ 200Mhz FSB 2xCorsair XMS3200C2 @ 200MHz (Timings Aggressive) Radeon 9700Pro (AGP 8x/Fastwrites off) (installed a Fan on the Northbridge!) I am very interested in solving the Problem with that A7N8X-E Del.

Hi Folks, it's time for me to pitch in. I have been monitoring this thread with keen interest, and started my own thread, you can find it. (gyurika) I have no errors with memtest86 but occasionally restart, and now I have a button in an application, where I can force it. The only answer I have received so far was whether I tryed to uninstall that program, which of course would take away my testing tool not the problem. (It restarted once while reinstalling Windows, so I figure it can not be an application-level problem) So I put this in here for good measure that somebody may take this more seriously at Corsair. I agree: we did not buy this expensive memory for this kind of runaround. George :mad:

eh RamGuy i have news !! My memory doesn't crash on my friend's computer !! ====> Barton 2800+ (166mhz) asus A7N8X E deluxe rev 1.01 What can I do ??? the barton 3200+ can't work with my RAM??? my mobo isn't good ??? Pfffffff help me plz !! thx :[pouts:

I have news !! I test my ram with 2 config ! 3200+ barton, asus A7n8xe deluxe rev 1.01, and the ram in dual channel ===> it crashed, i can't play game and work 2800+ Barton asus A7n8xe deluxe rev1.01 and the ram in dual channel ===> it crashed, i can't play game and work The system doesn't crash when I put the ram at 166mhz ! I've bought a bad module that not supported 200Mhz ! RAM Guy I must now contact you for warranty questions, no ?? :confused:

I had an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe V2 MoBo flashed the BIOS to the latest version and my CPU was a AMD XP3000 Barton FBS 200MHz. The memory was 2 * OCZ 256MB PC3200 CL2 modules and I could not get the thing working at 200MHz, it will only go up to 191MHz, so a borght new Corsair TwinX 1024MB PC3200LLPT 2-3-2-6 and put them in. They would not work at 200MHz, so it looks as if the MoBO and CPU combination would not work. By the way my PSU is 420watts.. What did I do, I sent back my MoBo and AMD CPU to where I brought them from @Ebuyer UK and they gave my money back and I brought a ASUS MoBo P4C800-E Deluxe and a P4 Prescott 3G. I rebuilt the system and all is working fine and its much faster. The Bios was flashed to V1016.001 to work with the new Prescott and the FSB is at 200MHz. There is still a little problem with memory timings currently its running at 2.5-3-3-6 and it should run at 2-3-2-6 but I am sure Ram Guy will weave his/her magic to re-solve this issue.. Hope this helps send back the MoBo and CPU they are usless :sunglasse

• Corsair Employee
moggy First off, thank you for letting us know your experience. Second, can you tell me the exact part# of our modules and the revision? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory! I would suggest you test the modules one at a time with the timings set manually to what’s listed for the specific part you have and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. In addition when testing with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] you will need to disable legacy USB as well. aurelpem and gyurika, I would test the modules in another MB, anything other than ASUS A7N8X-E. Bottom line, I have no problem replacing anyones modules! However, that will not correct a weak or failing or faulty MB or other hardware!

Yup! I too had a great deal of torment getting the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Rev 1.01 to run stable dual channel 200FSB with the TWINX1024-3200C2 package. My system is not exactly the same as yours, but here is my story :!: The model number on this paired set is CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v3.1, and I'm posting this advice in support of RAMGUY who inspired me to use the memtest86 tool to diagnose the DIMM / RAM incompatibilities with this combo. My CPU is the ATHLON 3200+ which is rated 200FSB, I have updated the bios to a version number 1011.5, which also incorporates driver support for S-ATA. The PSU is the Enermax EG465P-VE 460 watts True Power. I setup the timings to 6 3 3 2.5T @ 2.7v; 200FSB; mem/cpu freq ratio 100%; AGP aperture 256M; then ran memtest86 on each individual stick in slot 3 of the MoBo - each of three passes rendered nil errors on both sticks. DIMM's 1 and 3 indicated dual channel but 2-3000 errors in test #5 and a few errors on test #6. DIMM's 1 and 2 indicated single channel... so I didn't even bother to test. DIMM's 2 and 3 [the blue coloured ones] rendered nil errors....YAY. Additionally, the bios setup [according to a post found on the nForce Forum] has to comprise of a two-stage setup. Having flashed the bios, the initial setup should be default settings; save; exit; reboot; re-enter bios; in chipset settings; CPU speed 200MHz; memory frequency 100%; Graphics Aperture 256M; then set the peripherals; save; exit then reboot and ....... pray to the father of all motherboards that the compatibility issues can be resolved. :eek: Seriously, the memtest86 helped me enormously...because had I not been able to get error free passes on the DIMM 2 and 3 setup, then I too would have been knocking on Ramguy's forum spot for an RMA number!! My rig is now stable, and I'm enjoying the benefits of the bandwidth that the dual channel MoBo RAM and cpu offer... Additionally, I seem to have lost any appetite I had, for attempting more agressive timings / settings at the moment :confused: Hope this helps, and good luck to you 'cos I just know how it feels.... :roll:

• 3 weeks later...
Greetings fellow Cosairians!! :cool: I too am having compatibility issues with the this MoBo and the Corsair RAM MoBo: Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe rev 1.01 [bios 1011] RAM: Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 which is a paired set of 512 RAM sticks. Each stick is labelled as follows CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v3.1 400Mhz CL2 Current Bios settings for RAM are 6 3 3 2.5T VDIMM 2.7v. and I had them configured in the two blue slots without issue ;): . Further to my last post of about two weeks ago, my rig recently started the "instability shuffle" again :eek: so I ran prime95 [23.8] It failed after only four minutes :mad: :idea: Memtest-86 ver 3.1 the RAM without mercy :!: :!: Each stick individually tested with nil error in the third slot [blue]... :): When paired in either dimm slots 1&2 / 2&3 / 1&3 errors in test 5 and 6 Can anybody tell me how to determine if the dual channel function of the mobo is failing or if it is a conflict between the RAM sticks, or a possible bios conflict :confused: . The MoBo is rated 400FSB Dual Channel ... and so is the RAM but the failing passes in the memtest app only indicate that there is a problem, with no defined resolution or action plan as to how to determine which is at fault!! HELLLP MEEEEE :!:

Archived