Corsair Community

issues installing Icue

Bonesie85

Hi everyone,

I need some help installing Icue. I used to have it installed, tried to update it, but ran into some isues with the installation. Decided to completely remove it form the system and then reinstall. Still ran into the same issue, can't seem to install it anymore.

I've been in contact with support, but keep getting the same answer that doesn't seem to work at all.

The issue: whenever I try to install it will give me the screen that says 'preparing to install' and then just nothing happens afterwards. The hourglass on my mouse will appear for about 2 secs and that's it. Nothing afterwards. After about 15-20mins I get a notification the installer has stopped working.

Support gave me this advice, which I already did 3 times:

Thanks for the update, just to confirm are you running on latest windows 10 system, If so kindly try the suggested troubleshooting steps below.

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.

- Uninstall the iCUE software: https://aka.ms/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Please locate your Appdata folder, and delete the 2 Corsair folders in the Local and Roaming folder.

- To delete the files

-Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command.

-Type %appdata%, then click OK.

-Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

-Re-open the Run command and type %localappdata%.

-Delete any Corsair folders that appear.

-Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command.

-Type Regedit in the Run Window, then click OK.

-Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

-Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

- Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

- Run CCleaner's Registry Cleaner

- Restart your computer

- Reinstall iCUE.

- Restart Computer

Windows is completely updated. Other than that, none of the above worked. Still the same issue. Tried different installer versions (3.30.80 and 3.30.89). Still the same issue. Tried closing all other programs that might interfere, like NZXT CAM etc, still the same issue. Uninstalled Corsair link too, same issue. Tried installing in safe mode, but the installer won't work.

I really don't know what I can do anymore to get the installer to work. Anyone got any suggestions?

• Like 1

really? Nobody here who can help me solve this? Corsair support keep quoting me the same answer (above) over and over and don't seem to be able to help me apart from copy-pasting the same thing over and over. There must be someone in here or at corsair who can help me solve this issue?!

I have the exact same problem and the support is beyond useless on this.

I even did a clean install of my Windows 10 and this is still an issue. This is obviously not a problem caused by other 3rd party software or registry or whatever old files on the computer.

Edit:

I managed to install an older version of iCue and now its working:

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.20.80_release.msi

The software team is really just trolling

Edited by overdriver

I tried an older version as well. I received a really old version from support which worked. Then I found a list of each consecutive installs and updated version by version. I got up to version 3.28.75 to work. Anything after that, doesn't work any more.

However, this version that does work is still too old for it to recognize my QL120 fans, so it's still useless for me. the funny thing is that before my reinstall, I had a newer version of icue installed that did recognize my QL120 so it was newer than the version I've got installed now, so it did work at some point. My guess is that a windows update probably broke the installer. Corsair still haven't fixed this since a couple of versions apparently (even beta version that support sent me, don't work). That 4 updates now.

Edited by Bonesie85

I tried an older version as well. I received a really old version from support which worked. Then I found a list of each consecutive installs and updated version by version. I got up to version 3.28.75 to work. Anything after that, doesn't work any more.

However, this version that does work is still too old for it to recognize my QL120 fans, so it's still useless for me. the funny thing is that before my reinstall, I had a newer version of icue installed that did recognize my QL120 so it was newer than the version I've got installed now, so it did work at some point. My guess is that a windows update probably broke the installer. Corsair still haven't fixed this since a couple of versions apparently (even beta version that support sent me, don't work). That 4 updates now.

For me exactly the same. I did the same thing as you and I managed to install 3.28.75. I cant install any newer Version than this one.

Edit: I also have QL120 Fans and the version 3.28.75 does support them.

Edited by overdriver

• Corsair Employee

Its hard to help directly on the forums so I advise you get in touch with tech support rather than waiting for a reply here. I also recommend everyone updates their system specs so we can see what hardware you are trying to install iCUE on.

As for both your issues with v3.28, we did update backend to a newer version of Qt. If you are having problems, there may be an incompatibility so lets start with what your systems share in common.

I contacted support on the reddit megathread and also via email. On reddit they ignored this problem. Via email all they do is say "update your windows, unplug all usb devices, there seems to be a problem with your windows installation, delete the folder xyz in your corsair iCUE folder, perform a clean install of iCUE by deleting registry xyz, try to install it as an admin". And this has been going on for months now.

They are obviously not even reading my description of the problem. I cant explain how else they can come back after weeks of communication with "delete the folder" when I clearly said that I uninstalled iCUE and cant install it.

My Hardware:

Ryzen 3700x with stock fan

Nvidia 1660ti

MSI meg ace x570

corsair dominator platinum rgb ddr4 4x16gb

2 x Mushkin Pilot-E 2 TB NVMe in an AMD-Raid Array Raid1

6x QL120 connected to lighting node core for rgb

lighting node core and the 4pin of the fans connected to commander pro

4x corsair led strips connected to LED1 channel of commander pro

USB devices (didnt change any of it during the time iCUE was working in newer versions and now when I'm unable to install newer versions)

Razer Huntsman elite

Razer Deathadder v2

endgame X1 mouse

Yamaha AG03 USB interface

Razer firefly v2

Logitech C920

I was able to run a newer version of iCUE with exactly this setup and am not able to do anymore.

I performed a clean install of windows (so razer software etc. wasnt installed). The only thing I did after it booted up was trying to install iCUE which wasnt possible with the usual error. Then I installed chipset driver and tried to install iCUE again. still same problems. I also tried it with everything unpluged except for Internet, HDMI and the endgame X1 usb mouse (using onscreen keyboard). Even the commander pro was unplugged.

The support also asked for 2 log files. Here they are:

https://pastebin.pl/view/ac29603d

https://pastebin.pl/view/33f2641c

I'm using the newest and updated Version of Windows 10 x64 pro

Edited by overdriver

Hi James,

I do appreciate the time you're taking to help us. Thanks for the effort so far. I'm glad for someone to finally taking the time to help :)

I have the same experience with support as Overdrive. They keep quoting the script to me that I posted in my first post, the stuff with deleting the appdata folders, registry etc. I tried 3 seperate occasions with support, 3 different people and all 3 don't ever actually read what I'm writing. They keep quoting me the first post when I tell them I have already done that and that I have trouble installing. Even when they quote me that script, I tell them it didn't work and the problem is still there, the same exact person will quote me the same exact reply. Then when I tell them I don't think this is acceptable, ask that I can actually speak to someone who can help me rather than quote me the same script over and over, their solution is to just RMA the product. Then when I ask them to confirm they want me to RMA all 3 of my 3-pack QL120s, I don't hear from them. I just bought €300 worth of fans from Corsair. The least the 'normal' support chain can do, is actually read my support request.

Hardware:

Intel I7 9900K

Asrock Z390 phantom gaming 9

Corsair vengeance aRGB DDR4 4x8Gb

Nvidia Inno3d RTX 2080Ti (with AIO)

Corsair RM1000i PSU

NZXT Kraken X73

Bunch of Samsung nVME and sata SSD drives

Bunch of seagate barracuda 7200 rpm HDDs

9 QL120 fans with 2 lighting node core (the included ones)

NZXT internal USB hub

NZXT grid plus v3 fan controller

Screens: Acer Z35 predator 3440 x 1440 + 2x generic 27 inch monitors from Benq and LG.

USB devices:

Razer naga trinity mouse

Logitec G815 keyboard

Steelseries Arctis pro wireless headset

Philips hue+lights

focusrite scarlet 2i2 audio interface

Coolermaster MP750XL mouse pad

Ice box external HDD with 2x 2Gb Seagate barracudas in raid1

I have my windows 10 pro completely updated to the very latest updates at all times.

Before the installation I tried turning off all the software from other manufacterers that was running in the background, like NZXT CAM etc by ending the process in the task bar. This didn't work either. As overdirve, I can install anything up to and including 3.28.75 fine. Anything after that just doesn't work. I get the 'preparing to install' message form the windows installer, this then disappears and then nothing happens. I can see the corsair installer is running in the background when I open task manager>processes, but nothing happens. After about 15 mins I then get a message the installer isw no longer responding. I tried every newer than 3.28.75 version of icue, from 3.29.110 up until 3.33.246. All of them, the same issue whilst the installer for version 3.28.75 and below is working fine.

I apprerciate your help in this.

Edited by Bonesie85

for what its worth my PSU is Bequiet straight power 11 850W

I messaged the the support via Email again how I'm only able to install iCUE version 3.28.75 and downwards but no newer version. Also the LED of one of my 6 QL120 fans is broken and I need to RMA them and asked them how to proceed further with this.

The reply (and im not kidding but this is the whole E-Mail):

"Hello please perform a clean install of iCUE using this link:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-?source=search&auth_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjoyMzk4MjAxLCJ1c2VyX2lkIjozOTM1MDA5NTY1MzEsInRpY2tldF9pZCI6MjAwMTM3OTUwMCwiY2hhbm5lbF9pZCI6NjMsInR5cGUiOiJTRUFSQ0giLCJleHAiOjE2MDI2ODEzMTh9.rLimogryCzWEantjVe7yYyauAldEVz_9p5QKv2Cfhns

and use RevoUninstaller afterwards to remove any leftofer iCUE data."

--

This is just unacceptable. This is after I let them know that I performed a clean install of my Windows 10 and that there was no Icue I could uninstall....

How do I RMA my broken fan now? Is there anyone at corsair I contact directly since Email support just ignores it?

Edited by overdriver

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issue as the OP.

The issue: whenever I try to install it will give me the screen that says 'preparing to install' and then just nothing happens afterwards. The hourglass on my mouse will appear for about 2 secs and that's it. Nothing afterwards.

The difference is that I never had any version of iCue ever installed before. I just got my new K70 RGB Mk.2 and I was downloading and trying to install iCue (3.36.125) for the very first time.

The Program "Corsair GUI Installer (32-Bit) does run in the background, but it's not doing anything.

As described earlier, iCue Version 3.20.80 does run.

I'm on Win10 x64 1909 with all the updates installed. Since the installer relies on Qt, my best guess is that there's a problem with some of the Qt packages provided with the installer and Windows 10. The GUI Window just won't pop up.

Asus Z270G / i5 7600K / GF1060GTX / 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz / 500gb Samsung 960 Evo Nvme SSD

Hi, i have same issue, with my admin account on w10 pro 64x it's not possibile to update or install release different from 3.20.80, i try to use another admin windows account, and with this one installation go on.

It's as if they lacked the permissions, but I don't understand which ones.

Thx!

• 2 months later...