Corsair Community

12V Startboost?

Krachbummente

Hey there,

I just got my new Commander Mini yesterday and tested several fans with 120mm and 140mm, voltage and PWM, up to 2000 RPM each.

Once I configured the software properly I was able to decrease the speed of any fan without any trouble. Even while booting the settings were still active limiting the speed to my custom values.

However, today I realized that the settings are somehow gone while booting :confused:

I think this is fixed to the circumstance whether I shut the system fully down and restart or if I just choose the restart option in Win7 (so that the system doesn't power off before restarting and the settings are still being kept in the active memory of the device).

So, my question is whether there is any possibility to turn off the startboost permanently and force a specific speed that is used while starting (when fully powered off before).

Another thing I realized is that the core temperature of my 4770k is always jumping from a proper value to a red blinking zero. The chance that I get another value than 0°C is maybe 20%...

http://i.imgur.com/CcJRpW4.png?1

What kind of bug is this and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

CPU: i7 4770k

MB: Asus Z87 Max Hero VI

SW/FW: Link v2.7.5361 / Commander Mini v1.1.6

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Nonetheless I could maybe attach a 4-Pin Low-Noise-Adapter to pull the volume down while booting. Btw: would the software control still be availabe in this case - when the max RPM (/voltage) is limited via adapter?

No it needs full voltage in order for the Pwm to be able to control the full range of the Rpm's

Archived